1 (2.1%)
D: England
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

HVC

Quote from: Syt on June 09, 2012, 11:43:52 PM
Quote from: Viking on June 09, 2012, 05:02:03 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 09, 2012, 03:48:50 PM
Quite the Iberian explosion at the end.  Krauts dodged a bullet.

Syt: what does Schweinscteiger mean?

pigfarmer iirc

It's where the name comes from, yes. It could also be understood as pig climber.
so basically his name is pig fucker? :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Martinus

The Polish media apparently are unable to take a reasonable middle ground on the whole event and are either doing the "OMG THIS IS SO AWESOME WOOOOOOOOHOOOOO POLSKA! POLSKA! POLSKA!" extreme or (the minority) the "OMG THIS IS SUCH A WASTE OF MONEY AND HOLIDAY FOR RACIST TROGLODYTES WE NEED TO CASTRATE ALL MALE SPORT FANS AND SEND THEM TO REEDUCATION CAMPS" extreme.  :rolleyes:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on June 09, 2012, 11:43:52 PM
Quote from: Viking on June 09, 2012, 05:02:03 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 09, 2012, 03:48:50 PM
Quite the Iberian explosion at the end.  Krauts dodged a bullet.

Syt: what does Schweinscteiger mean?

pigfarmer iirc

It's where the name comes from, yes. It could also be understood as pig climber.

I always understood it that way. :smarty:
According to some German comedians, he also gets passionate love letters from Angela Merkel. :)

Martinus

LOL tomorrow's cover of Newsweek Poland:

In case someone does not figure it out, it says "Poland - Russia, Battle of Warsaw 2012" and the Polish coach wearing Pilsudski's uniform.  :lol:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

ESPN says Italy will play 3-5-2 and Spain with no formal strikers.

Excellent.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

alfred russel

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 10, 2012, 10:51:17 AM

If you play with no strikers, are you hoping to bore the other team to death? Is this a common strategy?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Neil

I'm sure the Italians will act like they're being murdered no matter what Spain does.  Italians are divers and cowards.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

FunkMonk

Quote from: alfred russel on June 10, 2012, 11:00:48 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on June 10, 2012, 10:51:17 AM

If you play with no strikers, are you hoping to bore the other team to death? Is this a common strategy?

Barcelona played with no real striker a lot this past season, but of course they have Messi.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Quote from: Josephus on June 10, 2012, 09:46:53 AM
Quote from: Syt on June 10, 2012, 07:04:17 AM
Why is he giving the boyscout salute?

Boy scout salute is three fingered, I believe.

You're right, cub scouts is two fingers.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

I'm enjoying this match a lot.  And cheering on Italy.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

Yeah, game seems to be better than  thought it would. Italy's 3-5-2 formation is certainly not defensive-based. They're taking the game to Spain and had the better chances.
But Balotelli will be sent off soon.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011