News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Donna Summer RIP

Started by Josephus, May 17, 2012, 10:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Personal weird Donna Summer memory.

In the late 70s/early 80s, German TV showed at late night sci-fi movies (War of the Worlds, Soylent Green, THX-1138, THEM!, Colossus, Fahrenheit 451, Dark Star, Barbarella etc.) which featured the intro to "I Feel Love" with sci-fi images.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1GZVOCSVQ
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

QuoteRestaurant Manager: [a customer has complained about Nadine] First thing, who is the queen of disco?
Irate customer: Uh, Donna Summer?
Restaurant Manager: Right, and how is Miss Summer listed in the phone book?
Irate customer: Uh, Summer, Donna?
Restaurant Manager: Now, slow that down.
Irate customer: Summer, Donna, Summer Donna, Summer Donna
Restaurant Manager: That's right; now what do you need to do?
Nadine, Restaurant Manager: Simmer down now! Simmer down now!

RIP
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

She worked hard for the money  :(

RIP
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habsburg

Martinus

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

citizen k

Sheilbh

Luckily I look to singers for enjoyment, not moral guidance or validation.  And thers's few songs as enjoyable as 'I Feel Love'.

If I can enjoy reading Eliot I think I can struggle on with Summers.
Let's bomb Russia!

citizen k

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 17, 2012, 06:02:47 PM
Luckily I look to singers for enjoyment, not moral guidance or validation.  And thers's few songs as enjoyable as 'I Feel Love'.

Marc Almond version FTW.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011