Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Spanish fleet to Palma

Alva 4r from Barcelona to Milan

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Drakken

Since my 2R in Agram are in a unfortified space, must they return to my capital or a fortified space nearby?

The rules at 20.4 seem to say so, but I just want to be sure.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: Drakken on May 28, 2012, 09:41:19 PM
Since my 2R in Agram are in a unfortified space, must they return to my capital or a fortified space nearby?

The rules at 20.4 seem to say so, but I just want to be sure.

Yes, either the nearest fortified space that can hold them, or your capital.

0 rows returned

Drakken

Okidoki.

2R from Agram to Szigetvar.

I want to replenish my Mercenary pool from 0 to 4, but I didn't see Berkut use any of them (I probably missed it). Do I still need to fill them?

In any case, I replenish my Mercenary pool if I can. If they are unused and I don't need to replenish them, I take 1 Reg in Vienna.

Habbaku

Doing winter/end of turn stuff now.  Rolls will be http://acts.warhorsesim.com/dynamic/journal.asp?id=47782 for anyone watching at home.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

I used them - they all went to Milan.

0 rows returned

Drakken

Quote from: Berkut on May 28, 2012, 10:52:02 PM
I used them - they all went to Milan.

Bene. So pool replenishment it is.

Habbaku

Philip II and Elizabeth de Valois end up in Wuv, Twue Wuv™.  +1 card/VP for both Spain and France.

Anna of Saxony and Don Carlos, meanwhile, fail to produce any children due to some sickness on the Don's part.  Spain does garner Anna's huge tracts of land and gets +1 card for her dowry.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

In the ensuing aging process (yes, royals get less pretty as they age!), the Earl of Arran maintains his virility (and his sanity), while William of Orange goes to a '1' and Charles II begins to consider marrying a Bavarian girl (also degrades to a '1').

In the field of patronage, Sinan (the Turk) produces a great work worth 2 VPs, Palladio the Italian produces 1 VP and the Frenchman, de L'Orne...is still working (returns to the pool).

Bonus VPs on top of all that are :

France +1 VP for Valois marriage, +1 for control of Paris.
England +1 VP for Virgin Queen (Elizabeth remaining unmarried).

With that done, here are the current VPs :

QuoteOttoman    15
Spain    15
England    10
France    10
Holy Roman Empire    11
Protestants    7

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Colony rolls turn up bupkis for England, but produces quite the bonus for France.  The first European child to be born in the New World, Jeanne Dare, nets France a good amount of prestige and the colony flourishes, producing a treasure to boot.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Shade

This is a lot of fun to read! I would say that I am interested in playing but I am have a hard time with virtual game boards I like my playing to be much more tactile!  :licklips:

Habbaku

Finally, the new card phase :

Ottomans : 4 cards + both home cards since Suleiman is still alive.  However TAMAS PAY ATTENTION TO THIS SINCE I KNOW YOU'RE SKIMMING, the Ottomans get Selim II in their hand automatically (in addition to their normal draws) and guarantees Suleiman's death this turn.  Basically, Tamas, you should treat Selim as a 'pseudo' card in your hand and play him when you wish (keeping in mind that he's a mandatory card).  I will deal him to you in CB just to assist.

If anyone else draws Selim in ACTS, you need to discard him and draw a replacement.  Tamas, if you draw him in ACTS, draw another card as well.

Spain : 4 +1 for Phil, +2 for card bonuses +2 held = 9

England : 3 +1 for Liz, +1 held = 5

France : 4 +2 for card bonuses +1 held = 7

HRE : 4

Protestants : 5

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

And with that...we're off to diplomacy.

Everyone looking at the Available Royals pool may notice it's quite the sausage fest.  Mary, Queen of Scots is eligible, you know...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Do note that I placed some leaders (William of Orange, Coligny, Don John) on the map or power cards.  I made assumptions with the Protestant leaders, but they may be held off-map if Garbon desires that, instead (they are normally played during spring deployment, by the way).

Berkut needs to decide what type of leader Don John is during spring.

He also needs to draw some new treasures for himself and Portugal (ideally, claiming ownership immediately after) and place them on the map.

-J. R. R. Tolkien