News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on July 24, 2012, 10:14:16 PM
Thought I posted that, but I guess not!

Wouldn't dream of calling you out unless I was sure. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

Holy Roman Empire: Play Card as Event
#73: 5 / War in Persia

Message from Holy Roman Empire:

Persia revolts, because its fed up of Piracy against ther German friends.

Tamas, pick your troops to wage war in Persia from your map. Between 3 and 8 Land Units.

Drakken

Garbon, you are moving way too fast. Tamas must place its units on the game card, and me too.

garbon

Quote#21: 5 / Foreign Volunteers

Message from Protestants:
Alright let's try this again.
5 CP rebellion in Lyon.

Lyon successfully rebels. Lyon and Grenoble to Protestant control. 2 Huguenot regulars in Lyon.

France up to decide where French mercs displace themselves to.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Drakken on July 24, 2012, 10:33:50 PM
Garbon, you are moving way too fast. Tamas must place its units on the game card, and me too.

Is either affected by my move? Apologies if they would have been but it didn't seem like they would have. :blush:

Drakken

Quote from: garbon on July 24, 2012, 10:36:26 PM
Quote from: Drakken on July 24, 2012, 10:33:50 PM

Is either affected by my move? Apologies if they would have been but it didn't seem like they would have. :blush:

No it doesn't, but I was preparing the game file for Tamas and your play mucked it up.

So, would you kindly put a -1 Card Marker and the "War with Persia" card on the Ottomans' Power Card?

garbon

Quote from: Drakken on July 24, 2012, 10:38:39 PM
So, would you kindly put a -1 Card Marker and the "War with Persia" card on the Ottomans' Power Card?

Tamas or Habs could probably do so once they determine what they want to do? Probably cleanest way given that my file got sent out.

Habbaku

All mercs displace to Orleans.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Tamas is up.  Unless something affects me, I'll pass again in the coming impulse.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

I am placing 1 cavalry and 2 regulars from Finica onto the Foreign War card. I'll still be passing out the turn, so sorry, no file. :P

Drakken

I place 5 independent units onto the Foreign War.

File sent.

garbon

QuoteProtestants: Play Card as Operations
#14: 1 / Signal Fires [RESPONSE]

Message from Protestants:
Remove unrest in Antwerp.

garbon

Habbaku

Pass out the turn.  That ends the turn, by my reckoning.

Winters?

-J. R. R. Tolkien