Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

garbon

Quote#75: 2 / The Lost Colony [MANDATORY]

Message from Protestants:
Targeting Montreal. Protestants will use their 2 CP to Preach a sermon in France.

Montreal is scuttled. Boulogne and Calais convert. Calais falls into unrest.

Not exactly sure where VPs stand as CB doesn't seem to match ACTS (when I went to change VPs in ACTS - some of those powers already had there markers in the new positions in CB...)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

I will correct VPs when it gets back to me.  Drakken put an English SCM in the English markers tray for some reason, which is why England's aren't 23 in CB.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Ottoman: Play Card as Operations
#13: 1 / Reiters [RESPONSE]

Message from Ottoman:
build a corsair in Algiers

no file, sorry.

Also, England please be so kind as to remove Drake to the turn track and discard his treasure, since I Eldorado-ed it several impulses ago.

ulmont

If you can't be bothered to move drake, neither can I, but you'll notice I havent done anything with him.

Tamas

Quote from: ulmont on July 02, 2012, 06:49:42 AM
If you can't be bothered to move drake, neither can I, but you'll notice I havent done anything with him.

I didn't bother, because I lack ownership over the treasure, so I saw no point in moving just drake

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

I am tired of doing files for others, so it might be a while before I get around to it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Built a merc, sponsored a artist.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Pass, but sent out a file with minor cleanup (Drake and the English key marker)

Habbaku

France converts some spaces, then sends the main army out to relieve Lyons.

Drakken may avoid battle if he wishes.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

I don't see why I should avoid this battle, as I have more dice than you, being the defender in a field battle against your 11 land units and poor leader. So I take my chances.

Henri the Turd, as higher ranking leader, has 0 Battle Rating, by the way. According to 14.0.2, "1 die for each Battle Rating point from the highest-rated leader in the attacking group (p.19)"

So by my count, it's 11 vs 13.

garbon

Drak - commanders have Battle Rating and Command Rating. I think it is pretty clear that p.19 is referring to highest Battle Rating.

Habbaku

Resulting battle is 5 French hits vs. 3 HRE.  3 French mercenaries, 4 HRE mercenaries and 1 HRE regular bite it.  HRE stack is forced to retreat to Geneva.

File coming, then off to Drakken to play (or pass).

May I recommend playing your card as event to help the anti-English cause?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Quote from: garbon on July 02, 2012, 08:19:30 PM
Drak - commanders have Battle Rating and Command Rating. I think it is pretty clear that p.19 is referring to highest Battle Rating.

Henri III had 8 Command Rating - and 0 Battle Rating.  :rolleyes: