News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What? Levon Helm doesn't get a thread?

Started by Josephus, April 19, 2012, 04:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Caliga

I hope they play Levon at the funeral.  Great song, and IIRC it really was written for him.  RIP Levon. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Caliga

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 19, 2012, 06:40:49 PM
Who the fuck is this guy?

Kids. I feel so sorry for them. Cultureless and clueless.

Sophie Scholl

:(  Seemed like a truly great guy and an amazing musician.  A bunch of my friends went to some of the rambles he held at his house.  Alas, I never managed to make it to one.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 19, 2012, 06:40:49 PM
Who the fuck is this guy?

The vocalist and drummer with The Band.  I'd not registered the name, either, though I vaguely remember The Band.  They went out in the '70s or so.

Not a household name.  Still, RIP vocalist/drummer dude.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

I know The Band because Cripple Creek was in constant rotation on WYSP Classic Rock (Philadelphia) when I was a kid.

Scipio

The class act of the Band.  They were, rep wise, a bunch of cunts.  Except for Levon.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?