Nomination Thread For Poll Of America's Second-greatest Foe after Giap

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 17, 2012, 07:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

We have Jane Fonda, Barack Obama, Karl Marx, and Alexander Hamilton.  Who else would be in the running?
PDH!

Scipio

Aaron Burr, Benedict Arnold, George III, George V, Edward VII, Napoleon III, Soren Kierkegaard.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Fate

Admiral Yi

Faeelin

Franklin Roosevelt, who prolonged the Depression and sent Americans to die so Europe could be ruled by Stalin instead of Hitler.

ulmont

I keep reading this as "Nomination Thread For Poll Of America's Second-greatest Foe after GAAP" and expecting something about shoddy accounting.

Malthus

Quote from: ulmont on April 17, 2012, 08:09:33 AM
I keep reading this as "Nomination Thread For Poll Of America's Second-greatest Foe after GAAP" and expecting something about shoddy accounting.

"Shoddy accounting" isn't a bad choice for foe.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 17, 2012, 07:44:26 AM
Rush Limbaugh, Antonin Scalia. Milton Friedman.
:) Glad to see you yo-yoing back to the good side.  Stick around for a while this time.

CountDeMoney

James Earle Carter.   Even though I will always support him to my last breath, to my last drop of blood.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 17, 2012, 08:37:06 AM
Giap is our second greatest foe after Deng.
Dunno why everyone is so down on a clothing chain.  Granted it caters mostly to the emo teen and cheapskate mother, but it hardly qualifies as an "enemy."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PRC

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: grumbler on April 17, 2012, 11:21:08 AM
Dunno why everyone is so down on a clothing chain.  Granted it caters mostly to the emo teen and cheapskate mother, but it hardly qualifies as an "enemy."

15-20 bucks for a solid colored t-shirt is hardly cheapskatery, considering I can(and do, of course) get them for 6 bucks at Wal-Mart.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?