And we're back!

Main Menu

riding mowers: help a nigga out

Started by Caliga, April 07, 2012, 07:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Caliga on April 08, 2012, 09:21:40 AM
Just to be clear: Scots-Irish.  NOT Irish Catholic. :x

My mom's dad's family was brought in to Lancaster County, PA in the 1740s to fight off the Catholic Marylanders who were encroaching on the Pennsylvania colony at that time.  The only other people in the area were Mennonites who were viewed as cowardly.  The Scots-Irish OTOH were renowned for their violence and hatred of Catholics. :menace:  True story. :contract:

:cheers: Scots-Irish rock.  It's fun being able to pull the "Robert the Bruce" card when people start comparing famous ancestors. :menace:
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on April 08, 2012, 06:23:49 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2012, 09:42:27 PM
Hey Cal, I know it's probably downright sacrilege down there in Hazard County, but did you check out any mowers from Kubota?  I know guys that swear by those things, even over John Deere.

But, I'd take the John Deere, simply by the amount of dealerships and repair centers available.
Actually my dad used Kubota lawn tractors... not sure if they make riders or ZTRs.... I'll check.

I only know of the riders.  Distinct orange, as opposed to green and yellow.  The Good Ol' Boys would know you bought Jap in a heartbeat.

grumbler

You do realize that the difference between Scots and Irishmen is mostly semantics, don't you?   Ethnically they are pretty much the same people.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Caliga

I always liked it.  My mom's dad grew up in Media so when I was a kid we were down there visiting great grandma all the time.... she lived to be 100 so didn't die till I was practically in college. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: grumbler on April 08, 2012, 01:08:24 PM
You do realize that the difference between Scots and Irishmen is mostly semantics, don't you?   Ethnically they are pretty much the same people.
Also religion.  Catholics  :yuk:

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 08, 2012, 11:08:08 AM
I only know of the riders.  Distinct orange, as opposed to green and yellow.  The Good Ol' Boys would know you bought Jap in a heartbeat.
The tractors are bright orange also and say "KUBOTA" on them in this stupid looking 80s Tron-like font.

Zoupa

Quote from: grumbler on April 08, 2012, 01:08:24 PM

Ethnically? How would you describe ethnicity, Grumbler?  :)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on April 08, 2012, 04:10:16 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 08, 2012, 11:08:08 AM
The tractors are bright orange also and say "KUBOTA" on them in this stupid looking 80s Tron-like font.

That's because it's Japanese.  You never know when it'll turn into Gaiking, Shogun Warrior!