News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Scipio, March 30, 2012, 07:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

Rock Paper Shotgun doesn't like the solo game:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/18/how-diablo-iiis-solo-experience-reveals-a-hollow-game/

mainly because of the "always on" DRM policy.

:hmm:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Berkut

I would say his complaint is mostly about the "not always on when it should be" DRM policy.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

FunkMonk

It's a shame the DRM is turning would-be players away. Diablo 3 is a super top quality game underneath the always-online/DRM bullshit. I was really turned off by the policy myself and wasn't going to purchase until I played the open beta.

And of course now there's a big uproar over accounts already getting hacked and people logging on to find all their items and gold gone.  :hmm:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Arvoreen

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 22, 2012, 02:48:58 PM
It's a shame the DRM is turning would-be players away. Diablo 3 is a super top quality game underneath the always-online/DRM bullshit. I was really turned off by the policy myself and wasn't going to purchase until I played the open beta.

And of course now there's a big uproar over accounts already getting hacked and people logging on to find all their items and gold gone.  :hmm:

Sounds like more reasons to wait on joining the bandwagon.... :)  I've resisted so far, and given how little time I have to game in general, I don't think I need the headaches.

sbr

I would have bought it if not for the DRM.  I have never played any Diablo game, and wasn't too excited about this one but I like what I have been hearing. 

I have enough games and other stuff to do to bother with shitty DRM though.  Maybe for $10-$15 later on.  Probably not though.

Pedrito

Quote from: sbr on May 22, 2012, 03:35:21 PM
I would have bought it if not for the DRM. 

Ditto.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Iormlund

The main reason I purchased is most of my RL mates got it from WoW Annual Pass promotion. Otherwise I would've stayed clear. Which is a shame. It's a fairly fun game.

And in other news, just finished Nightmare and equipped a staff I got off the AH for a paltry 5k gold that gives me 230 base DPS, a socket, 6k HP and 50 HP per hit.  :yeah:
Time to get my ass kicked in Hell by elites with ludicrous 3-stat combos!

Syt

Yay. Took me ten minutes to get into the game (Error 37), then I played for an hour before my game was disconnected. Of course I hadn't come across any checkpoint in the meantime, meaning I will have to replay once more and will lose out on some rather nice items I had found (low level but very useful for my char). <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

QuoteJust wanted to jump in to say that we are aware of the issue and we are working on it. We unfortunately do not have an ETA to share but we are hoping to get the game up again as soon as possible.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Iormlund

Quote from: Iormlund on May 22, 2012, 06:50:58 PM
Time to get my ass kicked in Hell by elites with ludicrous 3-stat combos!

Jesus wept.

FunkMonk

I find I'm spending almost as much time flipping items in the Auction House as playing the actual damn game.

It's extraordinarily easy to make gold in the Auction House. A lot of people price their items far below what they could get for it and speculators are running rampant. It's not uncommon for me to turn out hundreds of thousands of gold in profit over an hour or two.

Diablo 3 has turned me into a day trader. :unsure:

Iormlund

I just use it to hunt for cheap items to use. Haven't paid more than 5k for a weapon yet. :lol:

Getting the hang of Hell, though fast elites still kick my ass regularly. Or those that spawn in closed spaces. 
I'm using this build lately. Pleasantly surprised by the Nova on hit rune of Frost Armor. It seems like it procs a lot more than it should, especially before the first hit. And Teleport + Fracture + Illusionist is just godly.

FunkMonk

I was using a similar build to that in Hell but I recently changed because it was getting kind of boring. Now I'm using this.

It's sorta like the Venom Hydra/Blizzard build, but uses Arcane Damage/Slow from Temporal Flux. I find I put out a lot more DPS because I can spam Arcane Orb. Defensively I'll hit Diamond Skin, then Teleport/Fracture when it's finished. Finish off mobs with Archon which obliterates what's left. I feel more like a badass warrior-mage with this build.

Iormlund

Tried today something similar while soloing Act III. I went with Familiar w/ Arcanot for Magic Weapon (will be Ancient Guardian when I get AP on crit), Energy Armor w/ Prismatic Armor for Archon (this one will probably change to Force Armor when necessary) and Illusionist for Evocation. Either I was very lucky with elite combos, the build is awesome, or I outgear the content (6k DPS w/familiar, 42k HP) because I had a much easier time in Act III Hell than in Nightmare.

I also got to lvl 60 and managed to keep up 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor through half Act III. The difference in drop rates is huge.

The Brain

Lag when playing SP is awesome. Blizzard. :wub:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.