How Many Bottles of Beer Come in a "Case of Beer"?

Started by PRC, March 05, 2012, 03:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A "Case of Beer" has this many bottles:

6 Beer
1 (3%)
12 Beer
7 (21.2%)
24 Beer
22 (66.7%)
Other
3 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

PRC

Seeing the old pop / soda debate reminded me of this old Canadian argument, usually between people from the West vs East.  In the West (well BC anyways not sure where Alberta, Sask or Manitoba fall in the debate) we've always said a "case of beer" is 12 beer.  A container of 24 beer we call a "flat" or a "two-four".  In Ontario they say a "case of beer" is 24 beer...

Just how many bottles of beer actually come in a "case of beer"?

derspiess

Technically I think it's 24 across the board.  But IMO it's okay to call a 12-pack of bottles a case.  24 bottles is a pain in the ass to lug around.  For cans it always has to be 24.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

24 in the civilized world. I can't see myself killing VC for 12 beers.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

The prairie vote is in, PRC.

A case is always 12 beer.

A "two-four" is what you call 24 beer.  A "flat" of beer is acceptable if it is in cans.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on March 05, 2012, 04:04:18 PM
The prairie vote is in, PRC.

A case is always 12 beer.

A "two-four" is what you call 24 beer.  A "flat" of beer is acceptable if it is in cans.

Every person knows this to be true.  Anyone who thinks otherwise has been sitting in a nuclear plant for too long.

MadImmortalMan

Sounds like you canuckleheads are being cheated of half your beer. My sympathies.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

crazy canuck

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 05, 2012, 04:14:06 PM
Sounds like you canuckleheads are being cheated of half your beer. My sympathies.

You couldnt pay me to drink an extra 12 bottles of the watered down stuff most Americans refer to as beer.

HVC

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 05, 2012, 04:14:06 PM
not all of us. those east of manitoba know the truth.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

The most common sizes for beer cases are either 20 .5 liter bottles or 24 .33 liter bottles, but there are several other cases: http://www.systempack.de/flaschenkaesten.html

Jacob

They say case for 24 beers in the East? You sure about that? I always remember a 24 pack being a two-four back in Ottawa.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 05, 2012, 04:15:25 PMwatered down stuff most Americans refer to as beer.

Heineken?   :P

You're a couple decades behind the times on that front. We sold our shitty beer companies to the Belgians and started over.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk