And we're back!

Main Menu

Cuban Accounting

Started by Josephus, February 13, 2012, 03:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Siege

Every people have the goverment they deserve.
If they didn't like Castro and his policies, they should have removed him from power.

Yet there is no rebelion nor anti-Castro movement in Cuba.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on February 19, 2012, 12:10:58 AM
Every people have the goverment they deserve.
If they didn't like Castro and his policies, they should have removed him from power.

Yet there is no rebelion nor anti-Castro movement in Cuba.

There was.  The government called it a "War against the bandits", or something.  Keep in mind that Castro removed the previous government by force, which was also a dictatorship, though a dictatorship supported by the US.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

And when was that? Back during the Bay of Pigs?
So are you telling me since the 1960's there have not been a rebellion against Castro?

As I said, every people deserve the goverment they have.
I have little sympathy for dictatorships and 3rd world countries. They are 3rd worlders for a reason.

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on February 20, 2012, 01:57:55 PM
So are you telling me since the 1960's there have not been a rebellion against Castro?

I have little sympathy for dictatorships and 3rd world countries. They are 3rd worlders for a reason.

Yeah, back in the 1960's.  The last effort to overthrow a tyrant ended up with Castro.  That doesn't seem a good path.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

fhdz

Right? Well-poisoning tribalists, the lot of them.
and the horse you rode in on

Siege

This tribalist is freedom loving and would not suffer dictatorships. Especially a communist one.

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on February 20, 2012, 02:32:53 PM
This tribalist is freedom loving and would not suffer dictatorships. Especially a communist one.

Of course you would.  You'd be the one defending it.  That's your job, solider boy.

Neil

Israel?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jacob

Who do you have sympathy for?

Siege

I have sympathy for law-abiding, hard-working, freedom-loving citizens.

DGuller

Easy for someone born in first world country to say.

DGuller

Quote from: Siege on February 20, 2012, 06:25:36 PM
I have sympathy for law-abiding, hard-working, freedom-loving citizens.
Isn't that contradictory?  Overthrowing Castro would most certainly be against some Cuban law, probably several of them in fact.