BYU Students Asked About Black History By Comedian In Blackface

Started by jimmy olsen, February 08, 2012, 10:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 08, 2012, 11:05:37 PM
It's in October in the UK :mellow:

It's LGBT History Month now :contract:
But not really.  In real life, it's always White Heterosexual Male History Month.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on February 09, 2012, 12:08:46 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on February 08, 2012, 11:05:37 PM
It's in October in the UK :mellow:

It's LGBT History Month now :contract:
But not really.  In real life, it's always White Heterosexual Male History Month.

Good call. The white heterosexual male's glory days are history at this point.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Why can't we just celebrate history as a whole, and recognize the achievements of any individual, regardless of skin color?  :(

Lettow77

Quote from: garbon on February 09, 2012, 12:18:36 AM

Oscar Wilde in his prison cell laments a brighter day  :(
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Valmy

So you consider how we treated black people and homosexuals in the past to be glorious and what we are doing now less so?  Interesting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on February 09, 2012, 12:54:08 AM

So you consider how we treated black people and homosexuals in the past to be glorious and what we are doing now less so?  Interesting.

Thanks for the strawman, buddy! More like as part of a vanishing race, your pinnacle has to have already been reached. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

citizen k

Quote from: garbon on February 09, 2012, 01:05:44 AM
More like as part of a vanishing race, your pinnacle has to have already been reached. :P

This is when the aliens show up to claim their finished product.   :area52: :tinfoil:

Valmy

Thanks for the strawman, buddy! More like as part of a vanishing race, your pinnacle has to have already been reached. :P

Our race is not vanishing just diversifying with new blood.  People like you ;)
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

citizen k

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on February 09, 2012, 01:22:13 AM

Yeah shouldn't have propagated that one drop rule.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 09, 2012, 01:22:40 AM
You've been watching too much Harry Potter.

It's true. Watching one Harry Potter movie was too much. -_-

citizen k

Quote from: garbon on February 09, 2012, 01:26:42 AM

That's not a real rule, at least not a biological one.  :secret:

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on February 09, 2012, 01:26:42 AM

I did not realize toothless yokles from the South set reality for everybody :P

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on February 09, 2012, 01:22:13 AM

Well not Garbon in particular.  It seems unlikely that homosexuals will propagate to a great degree.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017