News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hilfe mir

Started by Tamas, January 27, 2012, 12:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I really should get the motivation together to re-start my German studies, after 18 years or so.

I remember the Germans were big on trading games on such. Can you recommend some not too obsolete ones I could like? I learned English by playing RPGs and computer games, it should work with German as well. :P

Lucidor

Steam: Auf Schienen zum Ruhm - German version of Steam. Great game!

Maladict

Patrician, Settlers, Anno...

Martinus

Sorry, there's no way you can pass for a Volksdeutsch. Too gypsy-looking.

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on January 27, 2012, 06:02:42 PM
Sorry, there's no way you can pass for a Volksdeutsch. Too gypsy-looking.

Nigga' puhleaze.

After a couple of days in München, I asked for zwei weißbier at a stand on an open-air festival with such authenticity, that the German woman behind me in the line asked me a question about something regarding the stand had for sale or something. I didn't understand it of course, but I took that as a compliment to my expert adoption into the German ways of ordering beer :P

Syt

yes, not too many trading games coming out, unfortunately. I second the Patrician games. EA's FIFA Manager is the most popular sports manager in Germany and still (I think) developed ba a German guy, so you could check that out, too. Then there's the Piranha Byte games (Gothic 1-3, Risen) that are originally German. Also, Bioware translations (Baldur's Gate through Mass Effect) tend to have pretty good German localizations that don't make you cringe.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.