News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2012

Started by jimmy olsen, January 04, 2012, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

All hell breaks loose in Atlanta after a controversial infield fly rule call.  Stay classy, Barves fans :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

ulmont

Quote from: derspiess on October 05, 2012, 07:23:35 PM
All hell breaks loose in Atlanta after a controversial infield fly rule call.  Stay classy, Barves fans :lol:

I think they really should have gone with the "bullshit" chant like the Ravens fans.

derspiess

And the Cards advance.   :punk:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on October 05, 2012, 07:23:35 PM

Yeah, I caught that.  I admit I did yell at the television when those two dopes let the ball fall between them.  I thought it was a bad call.  Oh well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Goddamn I hate this Texas lineup.

CountDeMoney

It's just not a post-season game without a cut-away to Jim Leland trying to hide his smoking by taking quickie puffs in the dugout.  During any game, it should be stock footage.

Ed Anger

I don't know if I care for this new wild card format.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 05, 2012, 08:58:23 PM
I don't know if I care for this new wild card format.

I'm pretty cool with it :D

derspiess

Sorta rooting for the O's but I'll feel bad for Ron Washington if everything holds.  Good insurance run there.

CountDeMoney

Whew.  Joe Saunders earned his paycheck tonight.

sbr

Quote from: derspiess on October 05, 2012, 10:42:29 PM
Sorta rooting for the O's but I'll feel bad for Ron Washington if everything holds.  Good insurance run there.

I feel kind of bad for Texas too but they just don't have the pitching this year.  With Wilson leaving in free agancy and losing Lewis and Feliz to injury they just didn't have the arms needed to make a run.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 05, 2012, 11:07:14 PM
Whew.  Joe Saunders earned his paycheck tonight.

Yeah maybe we shouldn't doubt the magic of Buck anymore.

I had forgotten how great post-season baseball is.  The O's has some really nice patient at bats, especially Machado in the ninth eh? 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

CC Sabathia.  Got that chunky monkey's number.

QuoteAll three of Sabathia's starts against the Orioles this season came at Camden Yards, though the results - he was 0-2 with a 6.38 ERA - were not good.

Need to get up early on that round fuck.

derspiess

Reds are about to get their first playoff win in 17 years.  Kinda happy for them, except for that Brandon Phillips fucker.