News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What days do you work over Christmas?

Started by Brazen, December 22, 2011, 06:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Our office is shut next week, so I'm "working" a half day from home tomorrow (AKA buying spuds and Brussels sprouts from the market) then I'm finished until 3 January 2012. How about you?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

I'm off on Friday and Monday, and that's it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valdemar

I'm off on monday. Usally I would take some days of, but I don't have any to spare this time

V

Caliga

Quote from: Valdemar on December 22, 2011, 06:15:03 AM
I'm off on monday. Usally I would take some days of, but I don't have any to spare this time

V
+1
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Office is closed on the 23rd (thanks, company) and the 27th (public holiday). Unfortunately, Austria doesn't follow the enlightened UK example of having the Monday off if a holiday falls on a weekend.

I'll be on vacation from tomorrow till 1st, though, and the 6th is another public holiday (Epiphany).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Brazen

We have to save three days from out annual leave for the compulsory time off between the weekends...

HVC

26th, 27th, 29th, and 30th. gotta work the 28th.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

sbr

Still no paid days off, but we can't work on the 26th or the 2nd. 

I am scheduled off all of next week, the first time I have had more than a 4 day weekend in the 15 months since I started my new job.  I have been working a night shift the last 2 weeks (4 - 12 hours shifts, 4 PM - 4 AM  :yuk:) and convinced my co-workers that there is not nearly enough to do tomorrow night for 5 people and volunteered to take one for the team and stay home.  I don't have to go back until the 3rd of January.   :showoff:

No paid days off though.  :(

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Camerus

I'm on vacation for the entirety of next week. Biggest Christmas vacation I've ever had.

Martinus

Only Monday off. I am considering taking vacation between Christmas and New Year but will depend on my workload.