News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 02, 2012, 06:00:03 PM
I must be going crazy, thought I saw Mongers post something about sanitariums.  :hmm:

Fuck, I'm going to have to start quoting him again.  I saw it, too.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Nah.

Paul is nuts but has a libertarian appeal that could sway some moderates.
Perry is a racist homophobe but has thia folksy charm Bush jr. had.
Bachmann is a fundie but also a woman.
Gingrich may be despicable but is also quite savvy.

Santorum is a homophobic fundie despicable nutso with no redeeming qualities and a name that is now used to means a mixture of shit and cum. I don't see anyone else mobilizing progressive moderates to vote against him like he would.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on January 02, 2012, 06:06:39 PM
Santorum is a homophobic fundie despicable nutso with no redeeming qualities and a name that is now used to means a mixture of shit and cum. I don't see anyone else mobilizing progressive moderates to vote against him like he would.

His name doesn't mean anything to the average voter, and there's no need for a word for a mixture of shit and cum.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on January 02, 2012, 06:00:24 PM
Santorum's nomination would be probably the best thing possible to happen to Obama.  :lol:
Attention:  Nobody gives a fuck about what faggots think about any candidate.  You guys are totally irrelevant, and are also utterly corrupt and destructive to society.  A double dose of the last two for you in particular, because of your lawyerism.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Pop quiz:  judging by Martinus' venom, which candidate equated homosexuality with bestiality?

mongers

Maybe there's a third party candidate the republicans can get behind ? 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Nah.
I was joking about the quality of candidate.

QuoteHis name doesn't mean anything to the average voter, and there's no need for a word for a mixture of shit and cum.
That's not what the word means anyway, Marti got that wrong.  He does have a massive Google problem which would make it difficult if the average voter's interest gets piqued and he tries to find out a bit more about him.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 02, 2012, 06:11:58 PM

Pop quiz:  judging by Martinus' venom, which candidate equated homosexuality with bestiality?

The Brain would probably answer Obama.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on January 02, 2012, 06:12:54 PM
Maybe there's a third party candidate the republicans can get behind ?
Palin :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 02, 2012, 06:13:50 PM
That's not what the word means anyway, Marti got that wrong.  He does have a massive Google problem which would make it difficult if the average voter's interest gets piqued and he tries to find out a bit more about him.

We can thank Dan Savage for that.  It's amazing the damage one well-motivated person can do on the internet.

Admiral Yi

Had an interesting sequence of phone calls today.  I guess my change of party registration went through too late to affect campaign call lists.

First the Santorum guy calls me, asks me if I *still* plan on supporting Santorum.  I tell him I've never supported Santorum and I don't plan to now.

Then I get a call from a Paul guy.  Also asks me if I *still* plan on supporting Paul.  I ask him what he means by still.  He says I'm on his list as a Paul supporter.  Ok, fair enough.  I say no and bye.

Then the Paul closer calls me.  I like the approach.  It's a new guy, college kid like the first.  He says he would like to discuss with me my reasons for not supporting Paul.  I start off with the gold standard.  He tries to blow it off as no chance of passing Congress anyway.  Which I don't think is very effective salesmanship.  He asks me who I'm supporting, I tell him I'll probably vote for Obama in the general.  He says oh, you're like a anti-war guy?  I so no, I'm actually kind of a hawk.  We talk about deficit reduction.  I say I don't know the details of his TRILLION TRILLION TRILLION dollar deficit reduction plan.  The closer tries to steer me to a web site. :rolleyes:

I say to him, you support him, you're trying to sell him, you tell me how he's going to balance the budget.  He comes right back with no bailouts and no Obamacare.  (No hesitation, you can see how this kid got the closer job.)  I reply that ending bailouts doesn't decrease our deficit going forward and Obamacare is revenue-neutral (at least on paper  :secret:).  He tries to launch off on the size of the deficit and the national debt so I wrap it up by telling him I've got food on the stove, I've enjoyed talking with him, I'm not going to caucus for Ron Paul but he should keep on fighting the good fight.

Eddie Teach

What made you stop supporting Santorum and Paul?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

sbr

A local election ad has turned a Republican calling himself the "Original tea Party Candidate" a negative thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb3A_ZbEKUA

I know Oregon is very liberal but I wonder if this will trend nationwide.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 02, 2012, 06:39:01 PM
Had an interesting sequence of phone calls today.  I guess my change of party registration went through too late to affect campaign call lists.

First the Santorum guy calls me, asks me if I *still* plan on supporting Santorum.  I tell him I've never supported Santorum and I don't plan to now.

Then I get a call from a Paul guy.  Also asks me if I *still* plan on supporting Paul.  I ask him what he means by still.  He says I'm on his list as a Paul supporter.  Ok, fair enough.  I say no and bye.

Then the Paul closer calls me.  I like the approach.  It's a new guy, college kid like the first.  He says he would like to discuss with me my reasons for not supporting Paul.  I start off with the gold standard.  He tries to blow it off as no chance of passing Congress anyway.  Which I don't think is very effective salesmanship.  He asks me who I'm supporting, I tell him I'll probably vote for Obama in the general.  He says oh, you're like a anti-war guy?  I so no, I'm actually kind of a hawk.  We talk about deficit reduction.  I say I don't know the details of his TRILLION TRILLION TRILLION dollar deficit reduction plan.  The closer tries to steer me to a web site. :rolleyes:

I say to him, you support him, you're trying to sell him, you tell me how he's going to balance the budget.  He comes right back with no bailouts and no Obamacare.  (No hesitation, you can see how this kid got the closer job.)  I reply that ending bailouts doesn't decrease our deficit going forward and Obamacare is revenue-neutral (at least on paper  :secret:).  He tries to launch off on the size of the deficit and the national debt so I wrap it up by telling him I've got food on the stove, I've enjoyed talking with him, I'm not going to caucus for Ron Paul but he should keep on fighting the good fight.

I'm disappointed you didn't verbally abuse those phone folks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive