News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 06, 2012, 11:27:16 PM
Dubya was well off but he really sold the down home folksy stuff in a great way.

That's because he never grew up.

Sheilbh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 06, 2012, 11:27:16 PMI kinda think he would. He's trying to pretend like he's a regular guy and he's obviously not. Dubya was well off but he really sold the down home folksy stuff in a great way. Romney can't, it's antithetical to who he is. Americans won't buy into an obvious fake.
I agree.  A commentator over here said that Romney's fooling no-one and should just get back into a suit and tie when he's campaigning rather than his endless parade of bad jeans.  He'd be more comfortable too.

Hopefully someone wins.  Apparently if the vote's within 0.25% then there's an automatic recount :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 06, 2012, 11:36:25 PM

Hopefully someone wins.  Apparently if the vote's within 0.25% then there's an automatic recount :bleeding:

:w00t:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Watching half the Republican Party being dragged kicking and screaming towards a Romney nomination is highly amusing.

I wonder where this road ends.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 06, 2012, 11:44:26 PM

Obama, with 345 electoral college delegates.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 06, 2012, 11:51:56 PM

Obama, with 345 electoral college delegates.

I don't really understand why the Republicans don't concede victory and rally for 2016. I don't really want Obama but none of these loons who none of the party really supports look viable. Give it up, boys.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 06, 2012, 11:36:25 PM
I agree.  A commentator over here said that Romney's fooling no-one and should just get back into a suit and tie when he's campaigning rather than his endless parade of bad jeans.

As long as he's not wearing mom jeans like Obama, he's fine :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Phillip V

Watching half the Republican Party being dragged kicking and screaming towards a Romney nomination is highly amusing.

Like it or not, the GOP set up a long primary season for 2012 when they put the together the schedule and proportional award rules. In 2008, Super Tuesday had 21 mostly winner-take-all states voting on Feb. 5. :wacko:

Finally, the advent of Super PACs means that candidates like Gingrich and Santorum, who would have traditionally dropped out by now due to lack of money, can keep going on with the help of a few billionaires.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on March 06, 2012, 11:57:08 PM
Kucinich lost his primary :lol:

To a challenger from the center or from...the left? :unsure:

CountDeMoney

Ohio Republicans got the job done with the redistricting; instead of two, now there's one less Democrat in the Congress.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 07, 2012, 12:29:39 AM

Another leftie from the next district;  they specifically redistricted them both to squeeze the two lefties against one another.  GOP addition by subtraction.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 07, 2012, 12:32:56 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 07, 2012, 12:29:39 AM

Another leftie from the next district;  they specifically redistricted them both to squeeze the two lefties against one another.  GOP addition by subtraction.

I think we all win when we lose Kucinich.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

A guess Kucinich cried into his wife's breasts tonight.  :cry:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on March 07, 2012, 12:35:16 AM
I think we all win when we lose Kucinich.

True to an extent, but that's not the point.  :P

Oh, and all you Ron Paul faggot ass stoner librarian sympathizers?  There goes Paul's recommendation for Secretary of Defense Peace. 

ZOMG BUT I LIKE SUM OF PAULS IDEAS

Morons.