Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like radio

yes
25 (75.8%)
no
6 (18.2%)
don't know
1 (3%)
Thanks but the voices in my head are far more real.
1 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

mongers

I have to come clean and admit, I love radio, indeed as our word get ever more multimedia rich, HD enhance and 3D spectactulastic, I find myself retreating to the world of radio and one concession to technology that of podcasts.

Along with this I like radios, I keep on acquiring them; today I gave my brother a DAB radio as a late present and I already miss it.  :(      :rolleyes:

So do you like radio ?

If so how and what sort of stations do you listen to ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Neil

I did like radio, but the only decent radio station in the area changed their format to adult contemporary.  I suppose I could look at satellite radio or something, but there's no point.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Fate

I love listening to reactionary AM talk radio such Michael Savage, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh.  :blush:

I use Pandora a lot as well.

Barrister

I :wub: my satellite radio.  even now that I live in a land with actual radio signals, I'm still not giving it up.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Oops I seem to have bought a little radio from the Far East, it was only $8-9 and my finger accidentally pressed the mouse button when the cursor was hovering over the buy it now button.  :blush:

Sheilbh

Love the Radio.  Though I mainly iPlayer or podcast things I'm interested in.
Let's bomb Russia!

Lucidor

Love listening to radio biking to and from work, also listen a lot at home. I'm considering a Sonos Play 5 for the kitchen, mostly for the Internet Radio.

Josquius

There are some radio programmes I like listening to on occasion...however only pre-recorded. I tend never to listen to live radio unless I'm driving or working somewhere or there's football on and I can't get a stream.
Generally no.
Which is weird as I often use the TV like a radio, not really paying attention to the images, just listening whilst I do something else.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Yep, with a preference for AM.  We have three good AM sports radio stations here and a couple decent AM talk stations.  Wish I had an AM HD radio receiver in my car.  We have one good FM station and a couple so-so.  The rest are absolute crap.

Only listen to over the air radio in the car.  With iHeartRadio on my phone, PC, and now Xbox (as well as Pandora) I don't really miss Sirius.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Viking

podcast is the new radio. I'm not going to bother listening to "all hits all the time" bs. I miss Radio 4.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Syt

I like Ö1, which has classical music, news, documentaries and educational bits, plus the occasional radioplay.

I normally only listen to it over breakfast for news and classical music, though.

They're also commercial free which is a big plus.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.