News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I'm not alone...

Started by Razgovory, December 18, 2011, 02:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

There is something in here with me.  As I lay my down to sleep I heard it rustling through my bedroom.  I turned on the light and saw something.  I don't know what it was.  Some kind of rodent.  I don't think it's a mouse though.  It was to blocky, and the stance was wrong.  I'm thinking it might have been a shrew or a mole.  I didn't have my glasses so I couldn't tell.  How it got in is anyone's guess.  It's quite skittish, every time I saw it it ran.  I think it's in laundry room, that's the last place I saw it.  I brought in the heavy artillery, the cat, to see if she could find it.  She got the scent and is looking around under the floor.  No idea if she'll catch it.  They've never caught rodents before so I'm not counting on it.  Actually I have three cats in here now.  Hopefully they can do something.  Of course, the cats are scared of moths and ants so I don't think it will do much good.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Probably some kind of spy robot the government planted in there.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I'm betting it's a Elliot's short-tailed shrew which seems to be endemic in this area.  It could be a mouse.  I've seen this type of animal in the front yard before ( I think), and thought it was either a shrew or mole.  I had my window open slightly for the last few days so it's not impossible one crawler in.  I don't want to put out poison or traps (since that would most likely hurt the cat more the then intruder).  In all honestedy I don't want to kill the creature.  I rather just catch it and release it in the backyard.  I suspect it just got lost.  If it's a mouse, then yeah, I'll kill it.  Shrews don't normally invade homes, so I'm thinking it's a mistake.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Richard Hakluyt

You should hug him and squeeze him and name him George.

Lucidor

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 18, 2011, 03:51:57 AM
You should hug him and squeeze him and name him George.

"The Taming of the shrew"?

sbr

Not what I was looking for but,    :lmfao: