News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 15

Started by MadBurgerMaker, December 14, 2011, 05:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Watched the harrowing NY vs NY game with my Giants nuts maternal family.   :shutup:

Chris Christie didn't look pleased when they cut to him up in the skybox.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Valmy

Wow Adrian Peterson tore his ACL in a draft-position bowl.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on December 24, 2011, 11:46:52 PM

They're saying the MCL might be torn as well. 

sbr

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 24, 2011, 11:50:09 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 24, 2011, 11:46:52 PM

They're saying the MCL might be torn as well.

My impression is that an MCL tear is relatively a minor deal.  That is a pretty bad injury either way.  My brother owns Peterson in our keeper league, I will make sure to make his Christmas morning cheerful with this news.

Grey Fox

Congrats Gang Green on winning the LFFL2011.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 25, 2011, 09:18:54 AM
Congrats Gang Green on winning the LFFL2011.

Whose team is that?

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

QuoteBengals hope fans show for home finale

The Cincinnati Bengals have locked up just their third winning record in the last 21 years and are one win away from a playoff bid, but the team's biggest victory this season would be getting fans to show up.

With paltry attendance marking an impressive season in Cincinnati, Bengals players are now asking for fans to turn out for the team's home finale against AFC North rival Baltimore next Sunday.

"I just want to thank the fans who were out there today," defensive tackle Domata Peko said Saturday. "We really felt you guys out there, and that helped us out big time. I really want to encourage all of the Cincinnati fans to come out and cheer us on as we try to make the playoffs."

If the Bengals (9-6) can knock off the Ravens (11-4), Cincinnati would be headed to the playoffs and in search of its first postseason victory since the 1990 season.

Only 41,273 fans showed up on a sunny, 38-degree afternoon to watch the breakthrough 23-16 victory over Arizona on Saturday. Paul Brown Stadium, with a 65,500-seat capacity, was more than one-third empty.

A big part in the Bengals' change in fortune on the field this year has been rookie quarterback Andy Dalton, who also is lobbying for an audience.

"It's going to be a big week, and we're going to need everyone to come out and support us," Dalton said. "Everyone in Cincinnati needs to come out for this big game."

Even coach Marvin Lewis has taken to calling upon the fans.

"The crowd really affected the game with the noise, and I'm sure they'll be anxious to get here next Sunday as we play for something special," Lewis said Saturday.

However, two decades of playing losing football has the Bengals proud of what they've accomplished for the sake of both the city and the franchise, but also looking for support from a tortured fan base.

"I'm just happy for the team and the city of Cincinnati," cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones said. "The fans did a great job getting behind us, and we need all of you this week. We need the fans this week. Who Dey! Please come support us.

"I'm Adam Jones, and I approved this message."

Ed Anger

Why bother? They are just gonna disappoint again.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 26, 2011, 08:49:25 AM

That could be said about the Bengals or the Ravens.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 26, 2011, 08:51:42 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 26, 2011, 08:49:25 AM
That could be said about the Bengals or the Ravens.
Maybe, maybe not.  The Ravens have played pretty well in the first three quarters of games agaist the division punching bags.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

I wonder if the NFL is going to fine Pierre Thomas for putting that bow on the football and giving it to whoever that was.

MadBurgerMaker

Brees with the record on a nice TD pass.  Marino is currently beating a puppy or something because of this.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point