News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The War on Christmas

Started by Viking, December 12, 2011, 04:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on December 12, 2011, 06:21:31 AM
Atheists should be made to work on Christmas.

Why? Anyway, I took the following week off and the Friday before. :cool:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: sbr on December 12, 2011, 04:29:52 AM
I hate to take Ed's schtick but my Taco Bell lunch had "an unexpected consequence."

You really gotta expect that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

The War on Christmas has expanded to another front!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16129633

QuoteNorth Korea has warned South Korea of "unexpected consequences" if it lights up a Christmas tree-shaped tower near their tense border.

The North's state-run Uriminjokkiri website said it would amount to a form of "psychological warfare".

Seoul's annual tradition of lighting up a Christmas tree tower was suspended in 2003 following a warming of ties.

However, the South lit a tower last year as relations deteriorated between the neighbours.

The Associated Press quotes a defence ministry official as saying the South has agreed to allow Christian groups to light a further two towers this year.

The official says the towers will be located in the western, central and eastern parts of the border and security will be tight during the 15 days they are lit, beginning on 23 December.
Souring relations

The tree-shaped, 30m-high steel structure on Aegibong hill - some 3km (2 miles) from the border - was illuminated by thousands of small light bulbs last year.

It could be seen from the North's major city of Kaesong across the border, according to media reports.

Pyongyang has previously accused Seoul of using the tree to spread the Christian message to people inside the atheist state.

Relations between the two Koreas have been tense for months.

South Korea blames North Korea for sinking one of its warships in March 2010 with the loss of 46 lives - a charge Pyongyang denies.

Tensions were further strained in November 2010 when North Korea shelled a Southern border island, killing four people.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

KRonn

Could be heading towards a Christmas war on the Korean peninsula!

Zanza

That would be about as silly as the Football War in Central America.

frunk

At least football is a religion they believe in.

HisMajestyBOB

Christian missionary types are pretty big in the smuggling people out of NK/info into NK, which is another reason the NKs dislike that. Besides all the usual reasons, of course.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help