News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2012

Started by Maladict, December 10, 2011, 09:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Octavian on June 10, 2012, 01:42:39 PM
Did Krav Maga for 2 hours and 30 minutes yesterday and 3 hours 15 minutes today (non stop) (graduation seminar). Every single muscle in my body hurts. Have also got several bruises and cuts. I thus complete a 7 days training week with 4 Krav training sessions and 3 weight training sessions. Last week I did a 6 days training week.

From now on things should get back to normal with 5 training sessions per week.

Tomorrow at work I'am going to take the elevator (lift). I've deserved it dammit!

Hell yea.  :thumbsup:  No pain no gain.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on June 10, 2012, 10:58:14 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 10, 2012, 09:49:38 AM
My current mission is:

18 yo female

:yeahright:

:lol:

Nothing like that. My GF's daughter needs to lose that before she goes in the Corps.

I'll post weekly results. Today was Day #01.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on June 10, 2012, 06:49:40 PM
Quote from: merithyn on June 10, 2012, 10:58:14 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 10, 2012, 09:49:38 AM
My current mission is:

18 yo female

:yeahright:

:lol:

Nothing like that. My GF's daughter needs to lose that before she goes in the Corps.

I'll post weekly results. Today was Day #01.

Glad you explained that.  :D

Tough 'assignment' for a young woman, I wish her luck.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

Yesterday I did the normal 26 mile route, but the way back in the wind was howling - right in my face.  Longest ride back I have ever made.  You know it is rough when you're riding down a 5-6% grade and you have to pedal to keep up speed because the wind is that strong...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on June 11, 2012, 10:14:15 AM
Yesterday I did the normal 26 mile route, but the way back in the wind was howling - right in my face.  Longest ride back I have ever made.  You know it is rough when you're riding down a 5-6% grade and you have to pedal to keep up speed because the wind is that strong...

:thumbsup:

All exercise is good exercise, right ? :unsure:

Popped out this afternoon for a hospital appointment, nice pleasant 40 mile ride through the Hampshire and Wiltshire countryside.   :bowler:

merithyn

Down 5.6 pounds today from my weight two months ago. (I lost four of that in the last two weeks.) I've also lost an inch off my waist in the past two weeks, too.

More importantly, my clothes are starting to hang on me. Size 14s that were uncomfortably tight on me two months ago are now hanging low on my hips. It's an amazing feeling. I have a long way to go, still, but man, do I feel good!

I'm seriously considering trying the Couch to 5K app. My only reservation is that I have exercise-induced asthma and I'm worried that even going this slow and with a lot of walking under my belt I will end up with an attack. Suggestions on how to avoid that? :unsure:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on June 12, 2012, 03:51:33 PM
Down 5.6 pounds today from my weight two months ago. (I lost four of that in the last two weeks.) I've also lost an inch off my waist in the past two weeks, too.

More importantly, my clothes are starting to hang on me. Size 14s that were uncomfortably tight on me two months ago are now hanging low on my hips. It's an amazing feeling. I have a long way to go, still, but man, do I feel good!

I'm seriously considering trying the Couch to 5K app. My only reservation is that I have exercise-induced asthma and I'm worried that even going this slow and with a lot of walking under my belt I will end up with an attack. Suggestions on how to avoid that? :unsure:

You need a fitness guru/MD to advise you rather than leaving it as an open question to 'semi-random' blokes on intertubs.  :)

merithyn

Quote from: mongers on June 12, 2012, 04:24:42 PM

You need a fitness guru/MD to advise you rather than leaving it as an open question to 'semi-random' blokes on intertubs.  :)

When I have insurance, I'll go to a doctor. In the meantime.... whaddayagot? :)

merithyn

Dear god... I don't ever remember being this hungry all the damn time! Is this normal??? :unsure:

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on June 14, 2012, 04:05:18 PM
Dear god... I don't ever remember being this hungry all the damn time! Is this normal??? :unsure:

I'm hungry quite often, I invariably go to bed with my stomach rumbling somewhat, as I don't eat anything late in the evening after dinner. Doesn't seem to do me any harm.

I'm not sure if that's being hungry or just having an empty stomach, besides hasn't our digestive track evolved to cope with sort periods of fasting or gaps between kills/foraging success ?   

merithyn

Week 1 Day 2 of C25K - Went after dinner with a full stomach (bad idea) and still managed to do the run/walk. Asthma still in check; knees, hips, and ankles holding up fine; and while I'd be happier with an H2O drip down my throat for the duration, I'm hanging in there.  :showoff:

Drakken

Quote from: merithyn on June 14, 2012, 04:05:18 PM

If you are in calorie deficit it's perfectly normal. You'll have to distinguish real hunger from "mental" hunger, i.e. hunger because your body is used to you eating more.

Drink lots of water, and space out your meals/snacks so that you can eat in intervals of 2/3 hours. It'll make it more bearable.

merithyn

Quote from: Drakken on June 15, 2012, 07:54:56 AM
If you are in calorie deficit it's perfectly normal. You'll have to distinguish real hunger from "mental" hunger, i.e. hunger because your body is used to you eating more.

Drink lots of water, and space out your meals/snacks so that you can eat in intervals of 2/3 hours. It'll make it more bearable.

I'm eating more now than I think I ever have, and I rarely suffer from "mental" hunger. In fact, I don't remember the last time that I've suffered physical hunger before now.

No, this is a gnawing in my stomach that feels like it's trying to eat me from the inside out. And it's protein that I crave like nobody's business, and it seems unending. I ate four large sea scallops and a 4 oz pork chop last night with a cup of green beans and a cup of carrots and was famished an hour and a half later. The only thing I can think of is that my body is craving protein to build muscle. (I've upped my walking intensity by going faster, and I started the C25K program this week.)

Just didn't know this would happen!

merithyn

Joined a gym Friday, and spent 2.5 hours on cardio, strength training, massage, and light therapy today. I feel fantastic! Tired, but damn good. Getting some real definition in my calves, something that I haven't seen in eight years or more.

I started the Couch to 5K over today, using the treadmill to better measure time, speed, and calories burned. Much easier on the treadmill than outside, that's for sure.

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on June 17, 2012, 05:47:16 PM
Joined a gym Friday, and spent 2.5 hours on cardio, strength training, massage, and light therapy today. I feel fantastic! Tired, but damn good. Getting some real definition in my calves, something that I haven't seen in eight years or more.

I started the Couch to 5K over today, using the treadmill to better measure time, speed, and calories burned. Much easier on the treadmill than outside, that's for sure.

I'm adopting the traditional British option of going out in the summer sunshine, which obviously translates as cloud, some wind and eventual rain:

Thursday evening, I cycled home along the sea front in the face of a 25 mph Easterly and then got drenched during the last 5-6 miles up the valley.

Today, I cycled home along the seafront again, without the wind, but through all of the sand blown on to the promenade, but the other nights storm, great fun, bike and me halfpcovered with sand.  :)

Oh and of course it goes without saying I had to get soaked by the rain, that started another 5 or so miles earlier than the other evening.  :bowler: