News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2012

Started by Maladict, December 10, 2011, 09:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

I know, we're not there yet. But now is the time to set some targets.
Post them here so you can be ridiculed a year from now when you failed all of them like I have this year  :Embarrass:

So, to raise the bar some more, I just signed up for:
- Amstel Gold race, 250km of cycling in the Dutch hills (yes, we have some) in April
- La Marmotte, 175 excruciating km's in the French Alps in July

And I want to pick up running again, maybe a half marathon in the fall or something.

I'm thinking of buying one of those bike stands so I can ride my bike indoors, does anyone here have any experience with them?

Slargos

Motherfucker. Had a long post typed out but it evaporated.  :mad:
Short story:
- Sixpack (ETA: April)- 100kg bench press (ETA: December)

Liep

Weekly mountainbiking and weekly roadbiking when it gets a littler warmer.

Goals:
- Tour of Denmark, riding to places I haven't seen yet. Ca. 600km, maybe one-two weeks.
- Mountainbike trip to Nationalpark Harz with friends, and I will not lose the hill sprints!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Quote from: Maladict on December 10, 2011, 09:35:44 AM
I'm thinking of buying one of those bike stands so I can ride my bike indoors, does anyone here have any experience with them?

I bought this last year and it works quite well. Easy to set up too.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

I'd like to weigh less than I do now.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Slargos

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 10, 2011, 10:41:41 AM
I'd like to weigh less than I do now.
If you really did, you would.  :hmm:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Slargos on December 10, 2011, 10:45:01 AM
If you really did, you would.  :hmm:

Considering I weigh less than I did a year ago, I don't think it's that outlandish a goal. Good luck quitting the cancer sticks.

Jaron

This year I dropped about 40 pounds. I'd like to drop about 30 in 2012 and I'd be happy. I've adjusted my eating habits (SUPER easy when you don't live at home and have to pay for everything you eat :P) and I joined my company gym for the ultra low price of only 15/month.

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on December 10, 2011, 11:11:30 AM
I joined my company gym for the ultra low price of only 15/month.

That's not *that* low, get offers for $100/year from Bally all the time.

Jaron

It is lower than the other places around here offered. ;) And its convenient.

Slargos

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 10, 2011, 11:17:45 AM
Quote from: Jaron on December 10, 2011, 11:11:30 AM
I joined my company gym for the ultra low price of only 15/month.

That's not *that* low, get offers for $100/year from Bally all the time.

Do they hate money, or do they simply realize that you will never go?

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on December 10, 2011, 10:11:00 AM
I bought this last year and it works quite well. Easy to set up too.

Thanks, I was looking at Tacx just now. I hear they generate quite a bit of wear on the tires, though.
Proabably best to get a cheap set for the indoor period.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Slargos on December 10, 2011, 12:10:18 PM
Do they hate money, or do they simply realize that you will never go?

I think most of the gym's expenses aren't incurred on a per visit basis. Empty gym = failing gym.

I didn't renew my membership because the one I liked(with a nice pool and a basketball court) closed down. The other one nearby isn't nearly as good.

Jaron

Gyms definitely love the folks who sign up, go once and then just eat pizza and chicken strips and pay until their contract ends. Its making money for doing absolutely nothing.

Liep

Last time I was member of a gym I attended 10 times over one year. I spent about the same amount on that bike stand and I've used it a bit more, it has the advantage over a gym whenever it's cold and/or raining, which happens a lot here.