News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sci Fi TV

Started by Eddie Teach, December 09, 2011, 12:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favorite dramatic science fiction television show?

Outer Limits
1 (1.9%)
Twilight Zone
1 (1.9%)
Star Trek TOS
2 (3.8%)
Star Trek TNG
8 (15.4%)
Other Star Trek
3 (5.8%)
Battlestar Galactica
3 (5.8%)
Babylon 5
9 (17.3%)
Stargate
3 (5.8%)
X-Files
4 (7.7%)
Farscape
3 (5.8%)
Firefly
6 (11.5%)
Dr Who
6 (11.5%)
Lost
0 (0%)
Fringe
1 (1.9%)
Terranova
1 (1.9%)
Buck Rogers
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)
Hate Sci Fi, Love Jaron
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

KRonn

Voted Stargate.  I watched that show faithfully! Stargate SG1   :cool:

Grey Fox

Stargate.

Terra Nova? The Fox show or is it something else?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Twilight Zone doesn't belong. :mad:

Syt

Torn between Firefly, B5 and Farscape. Firefly probably loses for being the promise of a great series, rather than a finished product (thanks, tv execs!).

Between B5 and Farscape I'll have to go with Farscape, because their plots were in general more unusual, and you never knew quite what to expect, even though B5 had the more epic story.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadImmortalMan

If I ever do meet Rupert Murdoch, I'm punching him in the nuts.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Richard Hakluyt

B5.............I'm getting towards the end of my second viewing and have been impressed that it is actually better than the first time around.

Cerr

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 09, 2011, 12:13:50 PM
Terra Nova? The Fox show or is it something else?

Yeah, Viking loves it so much, figured I'd include it.  ^_^
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Went with STNG, although was close between that and X-Files.
Like Lost too, but never really considered Sci Fi.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

grumbler

Couldn't force myself to watch past the end of the first season of Farscape, so that's out.

Loved what there was of Firefly, but there wasn't enough of it (and, frankly, I could have seen it going the way of Dollhouse as easily as going the way of Buffy, so maybe we were spared some pain).

Stargate SG-1 was a fun series, and I can understand why it is some peoples' favorite.  Not enough meat for me, though.

BSG started well, but devolved into self-indulgent and silly plot developments by the end of the second season, and never really recovered.

B5 started poorly but maintained enough discipline to finish the story as planned.  Character trumped story, which I liked.  In spite of some uneven acting, it ruled.

Deep Space Nine comes in second.  Lots of fluff in the series (it took nine seasons to tell about half the story B5 told in five seasons), but it still told a story and had enough serious and moving episodes that the fact that it also had the monumentally suckass character "Q" appear a few times didn't much taint it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Cerr

Quote from: grumbler on December 09, 2011, 01:34:08 PM
Deep Space Nine comes in second.  Lots of fluff in the series (it took nine seasons to tell about half the story B5 told in five seasons), but it still told a story and had enough serious and moving episodes that the fact that it also had the monumentally suckass character "Q" appear a few times didn't much taint it.
It had seven seasons not nine.
Q only appeared in one episode.

Octavian

Quote from: KRonn on December 09, 2011, 12:09:38 PM
Voted Stargate.  I watched that show faithfully! Stargate SG1   :cool:

Yep same here.

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

grumbler

Quote from: Cerr on December 09, 2011, 01:38:48 PM
Q only appeared in one episode.
I had remembered more than that, but since DS9 and TNG were airing at the same time at that point, am probably confusing a Q episode or two from TNG as being from DS9 eps.

No matter - as I said, not even having Q could ruin DS9 (except for the episode involved).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!