Who will be the Republican Nominee for President (post Cain)

Started by Viking, December 03, 2011, 08:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Probably has to do with the poll they've been running showing Romney doing better than Gingrich head to head vs. Obama.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Gups

Quote from: stjaba on December 15, 2011, 01:05:35 PM
Back to the topic at hand....

Gingrich has been leading nearly every single state poll outside of New Hampshire. But the latest Iowa poll actually has Romney with a two point lead over Gingrich. And Gingrich's numbers on Intrade have dropped dramatically. As recently as a couple days ago, Romney's chances for winning the nomination were around 40% and Gingrich was around 35%. Now, Gingrich has dropped to 15% and Romney is almost at 60%.

That sounds like a good bet on Gringrich. Rogue poll? The previous two had Romney trailing Paul (and Perry in one)

Valmy

Quote from: stjaba on December 15, 2011, 01:05:35 PM
has been leading nearly every single state poll outside of New Hampshire. But the latest Iowa poll actually has Romney with a two point lead over Gingrich. And Gingrich's numbers on Intrade have dropped dramatically. As recently as a couple days ago, Romney's chances for winning the nomination were around 40% and Gingrich was around 35%. Now, Gingrich has dropped to 15% and Romney is almost at 60%.

Iowa and NH are so vital for momentum I do not think polls outside of those states matter too much before they take place.  I mean they matter a little bit but not too much.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

So I did this election test here: http://www.votingaid.com/start/usa2012.html

Huntsman   66.8%
Romney      57.3%
Gingrich   53.9%
Paul      49.8%
Perry      34.4%
Bachmann   33.6%
Santorum   33.0%

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zanza on December 15, 2011, 04:40:13 PM
So I did this election test here: http://www.votingaid.com/start/usa2012.html
:mmm:
Huntsman - 74.9%
Gingrich - 58.1%
Paul - 56.7%
Romney - 53.1%
Perry - 49.3%
Santorum - 43.9%
Bachmann - 43.3%
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Jon Huntsman - 71.4 %
Mitt Romney - 69.7 %
Newt Gingrich - 63.2 %
Rick Perry - 54.0 %
Rick Santorum - 48.2 %
Michele Bachmann - 44.3 %
Ron Paul - 43.4 %
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Can you guys please hurry up and decide. :rolleyes:

What about an extended game of rock-scissors-paper amongst them ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: mongers on December 15, 2011, 05:22:30 PM

A good thing Cain's out of the race. I'm not sure he could master the rules.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Repub primaries start in Jan and end in June. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on December 15, 2011, 05:24:45 PM

A good thing Cain's out of the race. I'm not sure he could master the rules.  :P

Perry remembers that there is rock and paper but he can't quite remember the last one.  He thinks it might be EPA.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

It said I like Romney and Gingrich the best and Bachman and Paul the least.  I guess that's probably true?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)