News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Yay! Payroll tax vote fails!

Started by CountDeMoney, December 01, 2011, 08:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Senate shits on the payroll tax extension vote.  Enjoy those extra taxes, kids!

Except those of you making more than $1m a year, of course.  That means you, Lemonjello.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Monoriu

I spent the last few minutes imagining what life would be like with a US$1 million per annum income.

Then I came back to reality :weep:

Warspite

Quote from: Monoriu on December 01, 2011, 10:21:21 PM
I spent the last few minutes imagining what life would be like with a US$1 million per annum income.

Why, are you on 2 million? Show off.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Grey Fox

More Taxes in America is always a good thing even when the super rich don't pay any.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

Quote from: Monoriu on December 01, 2011, 10:21:21 PM

Let me guess: the same frugal existance as you have now, only with a much larger bank account.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

Good decision, IMO.  That money is better spent on capital gains tax cuts.  We need to encourage job-creators, not job-takers.  Having so many job-takers is why we have such a high unemployment rate.

Grey Fox

Quote from: DGuller on December 02, 2011, 09:40:41 AM
Good decision, IMO.  That money is better spent on capital gains tax cuts.  We need to encourage job-creators, not job-takers.  Having so many job-takers is why we have such a high unemployment rate.

Private Enterprise don't create jobs when there is so much incertainity. You guys need the Federal government to threaten private enterprise to spend their accumulated wealth or have it ceased.

Apple is sitting on 70$+ billions. Make them spend it or take it away.

DontSayBanana

Won't happen, and even if it did, it wouldn't show up until after the elections.  After Warren Buffet's comments, the already low rates for capital gains are a political football, so I'll bet dollars to donuts they won't touch it in an election year.
Experience bij!

Admiral Yi

:lol:  The temporary reduction in payroll taxes had nothing to do with motivating job seekers, it was about boosting demand.

What kind of idiot says to himself, I would love to go get a job if only those pesky payroll taxes were 2% lower?

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 02, 2011, 09:46:52 AM

Private Enterprise don't create jobs when there is so much incertainity. You guys need the Federal government to threaten private enterprise to spend their accumulated wealth or have it ceased.

Or we could pass a law saying we won't pass any laws for the next two years. That would alleviate some uncertainty.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Grey Fox

So it's uncertainty?

I hesitated a long time between the two.

You couldn't pass that law.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 02, 2011, 09:46:52 AM

he's sarcastic...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 02, 2011, 10:09:57 AM
:lol:  The temporary reduction in payroll taxes had nothing to do with motivating job seekers, it was about boosting demand.

What kind of idiot says to himself, I would love to go get a job if only those pesky payroll taxes were 2% lower?
More, but not exclusively about boosting demand.
Lower payroll taxes means more people are incline to declared their wages instead of working for cash only.
Also a way to equilibrate the fiscality between lower working class and higher class living of capital gains & dividends wich are subjected to lower taxes.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.