Main Menu

ABB not sane, will not be found guilty.

Started by Viking, November 29, 2011, 07:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on November 30, 2011, 01:54:39 PM
Quote from: Maximus on November 30, 2011, 12:56:45 PM
Quote from: Viking on November 30, 2011, 12:16:09 PM
BB, Malthus, I just want to point out that you guys could be doing what you are doing here for money, it's called being a lawyer and you can bill people for doing it. It's usually done with a person called a Judge keepig score.  <_<
But at what cost?

Well, BB's paid by the state, presumably in the form of stale buns from a dumpster today and the promise of a gynormus pension of fabulous luxury when he retires at the ripe age of 50. So that's okay.

You really don't want to know what my firm bills me out at.  ;)

I'll have to wait until I'm 57 or so.

<_<

:shifty:

:yeah:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote3 Why do the experts that he is psychotic?

He has several serious delusions and complete lack of empathy. He believes he is chosen to decide who shall live and die, that he may be the new head of Norway, and that he can be destroyed at any time.

Now I appreciate it's a google translation, and of a summary, but again - completely shocked.  A "lack of empathy" certainly does not make one NCRMD.  Delusions might, but it depends on what kinds of delusions, and it doesn't sound as if ABB had those kinds of delusions.

Ideologue

Can't we all be destroyed at any time?  That doesn't sound delusional.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 30, 2011, 12:51:03 PM
So in Canada and Norway is it rare for people to be in hospitals forever? My wife isn't in psychiatric but a lot of admissions stop in regular hospital psych wards en route to permanent beds at a State psychiatric hospital. She says that a large number of psychiatric patients in the State system have been continuously residential patients at State hospitals for over 10 years, with no real potential for ever being released.

Note that these aren't all criminal admissions, but about 50% of the system in Virginia is comprised of admissions who were sent into psychiatric facilities from the criminal court system. The reason it is so high is because apparently these types of people are very often never able to meet a medical board's definition of "safe from inflicting harm on self or others" and thus are permanent residents.

It's not exactly prison, though. I've been in the State hospitals, they generally have a lot of freedom of movement and access to a lot of amenities prisoners simply do not have. Even the lifers tend to go into town on supervised trips to stores and such, so it isn't really the same as being imprisoned for life.

You have to remember there's a weird overlap going on between the criminal justice and mental health systems.  You may well have people that have been "released" from the criminal justice system, but are still being involuntarily detained under mental health legislation.

I don't know about rare, but most people who have been found NCRMD are given some degree of release.  Now they generally aren't just turned loose - they may have to follow conditions, or live in supervised housing.  But from my limited experience the Review Board does eventually authorize the release of people found to be NCRMD.

EVen the greyhound bus beheader will likely be fully released into the community one day.

Viking

Quote from: Barrister on November 30, 2011, 02:19:33 PM
Quote3 Why do the experts that he is psychotic?

He has several serious delusions and complete lack of empathy. He believes he is chosen to decide who shall live and die, that he may be the new head of Norway, and that he can be destroyed at any time.

Now I appreciate it's a google translation, and of a summary, but again - completely shocked.  A "lack of empathy" certainly does not make one NCRMD.  Delusions might, but it depends on what kinds of delusions, and it doesn't sound as if ABB had those kinds of delusions.

A better and manual translation.
He has among other symptoms serious delusions and a complete lack of empathy. He believes he is chosen to decide who gets to live and who dies, that he can be the leader of norway and that he can be exterminated at any time. 
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

We all know that ABB isn't insane in any way that would have legal effects in any reasonable country.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maximus

Well, BB's paid by the state, presumably in the form of stale buns from a dumpster today and the promise of a gynormus pension of fabulous luxury when he retires at the ripe age of 50. So that's okay.

But you have to become a lawyer and thus give up all that makes you human and be condemned to argue boring shit for all eternity.

Barrister

Quote from: Maximus on November 30, 2011, 03:21:52 PM

But you have to become a lawyer and thus give up all that makes you human and be condemned to argue boring shit for all eternity.

That's just a bonus.   :cool:

Malthus

Sort of like being a Languishite.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on November 30, 2011, 03:41:27 PM

I was about to say...at least they get paid for it. :blush:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maximus

Hey some languish threads don't get taken over by lawyers arguing boring shit. One can ignore the ones that do.

Malthus

Quote from: Maximus on November 30, 2011, 03:56:55 PM
Hey some languish threads don't get taken over by lawyers arguing boring shit. One can ignore the ones that do.

Your own fault for entering a thread that is about the result of a court case.  :P

I thought about this post for 0.1 of an hour. The bill's in the mail.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

:lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2011, 03:45:33 PM

I was about to say...at least they get paid for it. :blush:

Not here we don't. Though I like your idea ...  :shifty:

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on November 30, 2011, 04:04:49 PM
Though I like your idea ...  :shifty:

Pfft.  Like you don't bill your clients for Languish time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."