Main Menu

Video of yours' truly giving a speech

Started by Hansmeister, April 28, 2009, 06:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on April 29, 2009, 12:51:20 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 29, 2009, 12:47:13 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 29, 2009, 12:43:57 AM
OMG now I will hear all Hans's posts as if read in my head by a fat guy with a nervous, girly voice. Talk about ruining Languish.  :mad:

Substitute Dick Cheney's voice. That should work.
It won't be the same. Once I hear their real voice, the magic of substitution is gone. It would be the same if, say, I heard CdM talking and found out he doesn't really sound like Duffy Duck.

I've heard CdM's voice.  It doesn't sound anything like daffy duck.

Of course I've also heard your voice... :shifty:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on April 29, 2009, 12:52:01 AM
You accepted it, but then you didn't the second time, after I de-friended you.

That would be the long version, yes. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on April 29, 2009, 12:52:37 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 29, 2009, 12:51:20 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 29, 2009, 12:47:13 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 29, 2009, 12:43:57 AM
OMG now I will hear all Hans's posts as if read in my head by a fat guy with a nervous, girly voice. Talk about ruining Languish.  :mad:

Substitute Dick Cheney's voice. That should work.
It won't be the same. Once I hear their real voice, the magic of substitution is gone. It would be the same if, say, I heard CdM talking and found out he doesn't really sound like Duffy Duck.

Of course I've also heard your voice... :shifty:
I was told I sound like Ahnuld. :P

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Barrister on April 29, 2009, 12:52:37 AM

True. I'd say it's closer to Tony Soprano. If he was Irish.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Phillip V

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

11B4V

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 28, 2009, 06:46:18 AM
I just gave an one hour speech on short notice yesterday.  Due to lack of preparation it wasn't quite as smooth as I had hoped, but here is the video.

http://www.johnlocke.org/lockerroom/lockerroom.html?id=19824

You look like a Republican
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tonitrus

Eochaid

It's been a while

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Hansmeister

Sadly, no.

The whole thing was a little too rushed for my taste.  It was a last minute invitation and I had been kicking some things around in my head with not nearly enough time to organize it well.  I had far too much information to fit into the alloted time and had to leave far too much out of it and several points were severely shortened or dropped in its entirety.  Particularly, i wanted to talk about the broken procurement system and the new BfSB.

merithyn

You look good. :) For a Republican, that is. :D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Caliga

Quote from: Hansmeister on April 29, 2009, 11:30:15 PM
Sadly, no.

The whole thing was a little too rushed for my taste.  It was a last minute invitation and I had been kicking some things around in my head with not nearly enough time to organize it well.  I had far too much information to fit into the alloted time and had to leave far too much out of it and several points were severely shortened or dropped in its entirety.  Particularly, i wanted to talk about the broken procurement system and the new BfSB.

What kind of audience did you deliver the speech to?  Old guys, college Republicans, or what?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Hansmeister

Quote from: Caliga on April 30, 2009, 06:56:48 AM
Quote from: Hansmeister on April 29, 2009, 11:30:15 PM
Sadly, no.

What kind of audience did you deliver the speech to?  Old guys, college Republicans, or what?

A mostly older audience.  Some members of the state legislature, some judges, several university professors, some political lobbyists, and a couple of retired people.