News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Step Aside Barack

Started by garbon, November 23, 2011, 10:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Viking on November 23, 2011, 12:33:42 PM
I don't think that Obama should even think about stepping aside while the Republican Candidates are suitably Batshit. I still don't know which Republican candidate is supposed to beat him?
From a Republican perspective it's a shame they're stuck with actual candidates rather than 'Generic Republican'.  He'd do quite well I think.

Having said that if Europe sinks then we could well end up with a Ron Paul Presidency.
Let's bomb Russia!

Siege

I don't think that Obama should even think about stepping aside while the Republican Candidates are suitably Batshit. I still don't know which Republican candidate is supposed to beat him?

Any of them. You have no friggin idea how unpopular Obama is here in the States right now.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

garbon

Quote from: Siege on November 23, 2011, 05:29:47 PM
Any of them. You have no friggin idea how unpopular Obama is here in the States right now.

:blink:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Until the other guy is Ron Paul.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

What on your base?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

Quote from: garbon on November 23, 2011, 05:32:19 PM

:blink:

Ah, yes, both echo chambers are here....
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Bush won in '04 because the Dems were overconfident and nominated an elitist New England liberal. Certainly the GOP is also capable of picking a candidate who can't win. Like the Perry we've seen over the past few months...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 23, 2011, 06:22:41 PMBush won in '04 because the Dems were overconfident and nominated an elitist New England liberal.
This isn't fair at all.  Of the potential candidates they nominated the most credible-seeming.  Not only that but they nominated the Vietnam vet to fire-proof them from attack on national security.  I think this spin is ignoring the 2004 primary.

Who else was there?  Edwards, Lieberman, Dean, Gephardt?  Kerry was the best of a bad bunch. 
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

This crop of Republicans isn't any better. I suspect Liebermann or Gephardt could have won the general election. Maybe Edwards if he kept his mistress under wraps(not sure on chronology of that scandal).
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

fhdz

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 23, 2011, 06:31:12 PM
Who else was there?  Edwards, Lieberman, Dean, Gephardt?  Kerry was the best of a bad bunch.

Gephardt was boring but would have been all right. Smart guy, moderate, more hawk than dove.
and the horse you rode in on

Admiral Yi

Gephardt was a totally owned subsidiary of Big Labor.  I would have been happier with Lurch.

fhdz

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 23, 2011, 07:06:55 PM
Gephardt was a totally owned subsidiary of Big Labor.  I would have been happier with Lurch.

He's pretty pro-business these days.

Admiral Yi

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 23, 2011, 06:31:12 PM

:angry:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

fhdz

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 23, 2011, 07:11:14 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on November 23, 2011, 07:08:46 PM
He's pretty pro-business these days.

How so?

In '09 he advised the board of UnitedHealth in a campaign against universal health coverage; he lobbies for the Medicines Company and chairs the Council of American Medical Innovation to block generics and extend patents; and he basically broke the union at Spirit Aerosystems earlier this year. It's like Bizarro Gephardt.