News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Started by Josquius, November 10, 2011, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

In Memoriam 1914-1918

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

My annual recommendation that you watch this excellent short video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrQnnZJ68Xo
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on November 11, 2011, 02:27:55 PM

Stormtroopers. :wub:

RIP, stormtroopers killed by terrorists on the Death Star.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

No cheerleaders at the Carrier Classic.

They read my post and took heed.

Ed Anger

Sparty needs to crank it up.

And I just realized something. Obama is a bandwagoneer when it comes to sports. He is a fucking Timmay.

HE LOST MY VOTE.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Siege

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 11, 2011, 05:05:50 PM

How many people died when the first Death Star blew up?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

sbr

Siege

Does anybody knows the numbers?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Syt

Quote from: Siege on November 13, 2011, 01:28:12 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 11, 2011, 05:05:50 PM

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Star

QuoteMassive docking bays provided several Star Destroyers with dry docks, and more than a million Imperial personnel were on board both battle stations.

Whether this includes civilian folks or not, is unclear.
QuoteSince service onboard the Death Star was a long-term affair, the station maintained a number of civilian amenities to make the time aboard a deep space station more comfortable. Parks, shopping centers, recreation areas, and taverns such as the Hard Heart Cantina could be found in the general sectors of the station.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Zero.  It was a movie.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on November 13, 2011, 06:56:25 AM

Zero.  It was a movie.
Over a million pixels died.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I don't think they used computer animation in the first film.  At least when it was released.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017