News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

American Horror Story

Started by Martinus, October 24, 2011, 05:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

So, I just watched the pilot and it has a delightfully creepy and camp "Tales-from-the-Crypt-meets-American-Beauty-meets-Clive-Barker-meets-Chuck-Palahniuk" feel to it. It has some of my favorite "underrated stars", like Frances Conroy or Denis O'Hare. Anyone else watching this?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

Is this the hollywood product where the man cheated once and his wife refuses to believe him.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Quote from: Viking on October 24, 2011, 05:18:33 PM
Is this the hollywood product where the man cheated once and his wife refuses to believe him.

Lol yes.

crazy canuck

Marti please do one of two things.

1) stop watching movies/TV

2) stop posting about what you watch

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 24, 2011, 05:20:36 PM
Marti please do one of two things.

1) stop watching movies/TV

2) stop posting about what you watch

3) If you have to do either 1 or 2, be advised there's a general thread for this sort of thing.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HisMajestyBOB

They have TV in Poland?  :huh:
From what I've seen in movies, everyone there lives in dirt huts with no water or electricity, and the only warmth comes from burning Jews.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

crazy canuck

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 24, 2011, 05:28:21 PM
From what I've seen in movies, everyone there lives in dirt huts with no water or electricity, and the only warmth comes from burning Jews.

:lol:

Josephus

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 24, 2011, 05:28:21 PM

When I was in Poland about 10 or so years ago, I remember watching TV in the hotel. It was M*A*S*H* dubbed in Polish. But the cool thing was that they had the same guy do all the voices. Even Houlahan's.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on October 24, 2011, 05:33:54 PM
But the cool thing was that they had the same guy do all the voices. Even Houlahan's.

That explains Marti's confusion over whether or not he is gay.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 24, 2011, 05:35:50 PM
Quote from: Josephus on October 24, 2011, 05:33:54 PM
But the cool thing was that they had the same guy do all the voices. Even Houlahan's.

That explains Marti's confusion over whether or not he is gay.

How come nobody ever questions his Polishness? I mean if he's not gay and he's not a lawyer...  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 25, 2011, 06:28:41 AM
How come nobody ever questions his Polishness? I mean if he's not gay and he's not a lawyer...  :hmm:

He has a polish name, speaks polish and presumably has a polish passport. That is why we don't question his polishness.
He works for a law firm as a lawyer and has a degree. That is why we don't question his lawtalkerness.
He does not take cock up his ass. That is why we question his cocklovingness.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on October 25, 2011, 06:52:21 AM
He works for a law firm as a lawyer and has a degree. That is why we don't question his lawtalkerness.

You must have several posters blocked somehow.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?