News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

I've ganked quite a few Jedi as Sith, Republic players included. But only a suicidal Jedi would dare come to Drumond Kaas or Korriban.

The Brain

Servers offline on a Saturday? Good planning.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

releasing a new patch...it's in middle of night here in only land that counts. ^_^
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

Quote from: katmai on January 28, 2012, 02:58:48 AM
releasing a new patch...it's in middle of night here in only land that counts. ^_^

I don't care why they're offline, fanboi.

katmai

Quote from: The Brain on January 28, 2012, 03:02:40 AM

Then quit your bitching.

The Brain

Quote from: katmai on January 28, 2012, 03:04:42 AM
Quote from: The Brain on January 28, 2012, 03:02:40 AM

Then quit your bitching.

Sense, motherfucker, do you make it?

katmai

Why would i waste my time trying to explain stuff to a goat fucker like you? :huh:

The Brain

Let's leave this keen encounter of our wits.

The Brain

I like how the codex drops spoiler bombs. Good thing I had already guessed the score.

CountDeMoney

I've determined that, while this is an incredibly fun game, it allows you to level far too fast. 

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 29, 2012, 12:06:03 PM
I've determined that, while this is an incredibly fun game, it allows you to level far too fast.

PLaying 10-12 hours per day will do that to you...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Too fast for what? If you stick to solo planetside quests you match the planets levelwise. Of course if you do any other shit at all you just fly past them.

Drakken

I do agree with CdM, here, but only tangently.

I do not get the feel that I am master of my own destiny like in other MMOs, but pulled on a train for storytelling - even if the storytelling is good. In LOTRO or EVE Online I can explore for fun, watch the scenery, and I'll find a quest somewhere near that I can fill. Here, the only reason to do more quests is to level up to be on par to the level required to continue the story.

It's not that it isn't fun, just that after doing the eight storylines I don't see the replayability of this game. And at level 50, the story ends on you and all you're left is doing flashpoints and PvP on a forgotton planet. They should have put in at least two more Chapters and lots of bonus series that requires level 50s so that the player keeps feeling that he has a role in that galaxy.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on January 29, 2012, 04:54:09 PM

Too fast for what? If you stick to solo planetside quests you match the planets levelwise. Of course if you do any other shit at all you just fly past them.

That's just the thing;  after a few hours' worth of PVPing with a good enough side, and you bounce up 3 levels before you know it. 

I agree with Drakken that the content is a little light and limited, particularly in comparison to the mammoth world of WoW, or the sandbox of EVE;  one only hopes they add more content later on in patches and supplements.

JonasSalk

They did add some small content in the latest big patch. We'll probably see small content addons once a month or so.
Yuman