News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on January 17, 2012, 12:14:19 PM
What is your toon's name, so I can keep an eye out for you?

*cough*

Kat, I should be online for probably a couple hours tonight (6:30 to 8:30 your time).  Look for Altaira, or alternatively, my jedi alt Kaelina (wish I'd picked a different name) or my smuggler Komo.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

FunkMonk

The Sith Warrior can be such a bastard. Playing a Sith Pureblood you can be a misogynistic space racist who murders people for fun and constantly electrocutes and bitchslaps his alien slave.
Imperiously admonishing a female soldier ("Go do it yourself, you useless woman.") caught me totally off-guard.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 17, 2012, 06:19:12 PM
Now see, it's bullshit like that why I prefer playing Sith.

Meh you preferred playing a Night Elf at first as well.  You will learn.  Embrace your anger and your hatred against emo-teens and strike them down and come over to the Republic side.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on January 17, 2012, 10:32:58 PM

*cough*

Kat, I should be online for probably a couple hours tonight (6:30 to 8:30 your time).  Look for Altaira, or alternatively, my jedi alt Kaelina (wish I'd picked a different name) or my smuggler Komo.

Kat was on, I jumped on my smuggler who was at virtually the same point as his trooper, so we did some Ord Mantell quests together.  Fun times.   :)

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on January 18, 2012, 08:42:10 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 17, 2012, 06:19:12 PM
Now see, it's bullshit like that why I prefer playing Sith.

Meh you preferred playing a Night Elf at first as well.  You will learn.  Embrace your anger and your hatred against emo-teens and strike them down and come over to the Republic side.

This is probably the number one reason for playing Republic.  It is the equivalent of playing Horde when WoW first came out.

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on January 18, 2012, 09:35:09 AM
Quote from: Barrister on January 17, 2012, 10:32:58 PM

*cough*

Kat was on, I jumped on my smuggler who was at virtually the same point as his trooper, so we did some Ord Mantell quests together.  Fun times.   :)

I think I'm going for a record on how many times I can quote myself...

The only problem was that the content on the starter worlds is pretty easy to begin with, and when you have two players it becomes laughably easy.  Playing a smuggler, half the time I would jump into cover and Kat would have killed the first mob already.  Half the time I didn't even bother and just used by base attack.

Barrister

If you're the kind of person who enjoys watching forum trainwrecks, check out the SWTOR forums.

Apparently today's patch made some kind of change to the open world PvP planet of Ilum.  Suddenly the imperials are spawn camping the republic starting area which allows them to insta-kill any republic who shows up, and worse means Republic can't even zone out as they'll die before their hearthstone (or w/e it's called) can go off.   :lol:

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadImmortalMan

Hell, I don't know what valor points are for. I guess if they just stop going there it would end, right? The Empire conquered the planet. It's a war.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Shade

This has to go on that list of the biggest dick moments of online gaming... haha :lmfao:

Faeelin

Quote from: Berkut on January 18, 2012, 04:25:03 PM
WAD

When I went to PAX East last year, Bioware at its event asked, "Who wants to be Jedi?" "Ehh...." "And who wants to be Sith?"

The woman speaking was moderately unhappy at the deafening roar which greeted her.

Valmy

Quote from: Faeelin on January 19, 2012, 08:48:56 AM
When I went to PAX East last year, Bioware at its event asked, "Who wants to be Jedi?" "Ehh...." "And who wants to be Sith?"

The woman speaking was moderately unhappy at the deafening roar which greeted her.

I never cease to be amazed when they are surprised by this considering it has happened every. single. time.

WoW managed to recognize the problem and correct it.  I do not see any obvious solution to Bioware's issue here though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Solmyr

Fuckers do server maintenance right in the prime European playtime. :ultra:

Barrister

Quote from: Solmyr on January 19, 2012, 11:24:59 AM
Fuckers do server maintenance right in the prime European playtime. :ultra:

Well they had to crank out an emergency patch to fix Ilum.