36 hours in Quebec city - From the New York Times

Started by viper37, October 19, 2011, 12:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on October 19, 2011, 01:40:28 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 19, 2011, 01:23:42 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 19, 2011, 01:17:12 PM
I've never heard anyone say anything bad about Quebec City.
It's full of Quebecois.
I imagine it would be.  So?
What if you hear someone speaking French?  Barbaric!
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2011, 01:46:49 PM
Does Quebec have reasonable speed limits unlike BC?
No, 100km/h official speed limit.  Unofficially, you won't be arrested below 118km/h.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Drakken on October 19, 2011, 01:54:18 PM
Quote from: Malthus on October 19, 2011, 01:07:41 PM
Is there a serious Quebec City - Montreal rivalry?

Yes, from the dawn of times of the colony when Quebec City would force those traveling to Montreal to use barques to travel the River, so they could keep the ships docked to claim the cargo.
but you got screwed as once you opened the St-Lawrence, they went straigth to Toronto, bypassing Montreal entirely :D

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on October 19, 2011, 06:30:00 PM
No, 100km/h official speed limit.  Unofficially, you won't be arrested below 118km/h.

Oh that's awful.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2011, 06:46:34 PM

Oh that's awful.

Yes it is but going 140 on our highways is crazy. Those things arent in good shape.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Does Quebec City have the hordes of gypsies and others trying to pickpocket? If so, it doesn't replicate that old world charm then.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on October 20, 2011, 08:16:11 AM
QUEBECERS!!

:w00t:

The tall one still does Wrestling galas. He's mostly the promoter now but he does a Christmas theme one, his son also performs.

Syt

Yeah, I always liked Jaques Rougeau. He was a mediocre wrestler, but he had great comedic talent as a heel.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Grey Fox

The next time I'm watching a French tv show & I hear the word "congélo".

I am going to find a way to Nuke Paris.

God damn it, France French is retarded.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 20, 2011, 06:35:55 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2011, 06:46:34 PM

Oh that's awful.

Yes it is but going 140 on our highways is crazy. Those things arent in good shape.

That's even worse!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Maybe you should stay home in NYC then.

You don't like hot girls anyway.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on October 20, 2011, 08:58:40 AM
That's even worse!
outside of Montreal, the highways are mostly ok.  I would advise against driving on country roads though.  This is where the Panzer shines.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 20, 2011, 09:14:33 AM
Maybe you should stay home in NYC then.

You don't like hot girls anyway.

Most of my trip will occur on US roads. :contract: