News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 6

Started by derspiess, October 12, 2011, 12:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

<_<

Seven Texans starters are on the injury report for this week (not including Mario Williams, who is on IR now).  Cushing, Casey, Johnson, Joseph, Manning, Ryans, and Schaub.  Cushing and Joseph are probables with full practice, the rest are questionable with limited or no practice. 

Neil

Holy fuck.  Williams, Cushing, Ryans, Joseph and Manning.  Isn't that pretty much all the good vets on the team?  When's the bye?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Pretty much.  Antonio Smith is still there, and he's having a solid season, but that's about it for uninjured (or as much as possible in the NFL).  The bye isn't until week 11, so no help there.

HisMajestyBOB

Redskins will start Beck next game. How long until he screws up enough and they put the Sex Cannon back in?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

sbr

Quote from: Neil on October 19, 2011, 04:40:55 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 19, 2011, 03:59:45 PM
I must confess I get Herm Edwards and Tony Dungy confused with each other-- until they start talking.  Herm's the kind of guy who would scare me even if he was yelling at the guy next to me, while Dungy makes me drowsy before he's finished with his first sentence.
:lol:  Yeah, Tony makes me wonder sometimes if he's just constantly taking sedatives.

You know, I'm surprised that Herm isn't working at some level in football right now.

I think guys are starting to realize how good they have it with TV jobs and how bad NFL head coaching jobs really are.  Gruden, Cowher, Dungy, Edwards (I assume there are others but I can't think of any) could have almost any NFL job they wanted but seem very content to stay on the sane side of things and remain in front of the camera.  I wouldn't be surprised to see one or more of them end up with a college job before they take another NFL one.

Neil

It probably doesn't help that most of the head coach jobs that come open are for basketcase teams.  Who wants to coach in Miami, after all?  But yeah, a fired head coach is getting paid big money not to coach, so for guys like Edwards, TV is a dream come true.  I know for a fact that's why Billick didn't try to get a job for a few years after getting fired and became a commentator.  Jim Mora is another one, and Denny Green is on TV these days too.  I really like Steve Mariucci on the NFL Network.  Dick Vermeil was part of ESPN's second-string unit, and a pretty good colour guy.  And of course there was Madden.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Mangina is being paid 3.2 million/yr for the next two years by the Browns so he ain't going anywhere either.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Is he actually doing any broadcasting?  He seems like he's just disappeared.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on October 20, 2011, 07:53:36 AM

ESPN.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on October 20, 2011, 07:53:36 AM

I heard him on some radio show a couple days ago.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall