Wall Street protesters: We're in for the long haul

Started by garbon, October 02, 2011, 04:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Facebook?

No hipster douchery allowed on Languish.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Malthus

Quote from: Neil on November 04, 2011, 01:29:04 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 04, 2011, 01:24:34 PM
Quote from: Malthus on November 04, 2011, 12:29:37 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 04, 2011, 12:09:44 PM
P.S. Even though we disagree (although from your last para, perhaps not fundamentally), it's nice to talk about this with someone who's not a bit of a lunatic. :hug:
That's why I talk with myself so regularly.  :)

Oh, wait, there's a flaw with that ...  :hmm:
Nope, my Mother always told me "people who talk to themselves are either rich or crazy and you ain't rich!"
You on the other hand are rich.
You're labouring under a misconception as to what 'rich' means.

Yup. I ain't rich, not even close ...  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

MadImmortalMan

Traders at the Chicago Board of Trade building have dumped thousands of McDonald's employment applications out the windows onto the crowd at Occupy Chicago.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

fhdz

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 04, 2011, 02:43:54 PM
Traders at the Chicago Board of Trade building have dumped thousands of McDonald's employment applications out the windows onto the crowd at Occupy Chicago.  :lol:

Yeesh. They may or may not have a point, but that's an awfully good way to get lynched.
and the horse you rode in on

DGuller

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 04, 2011, 02:43:54 PM
Pretty dick move on their part, and one that can easily misfire from the PR perspective.

MadImmortalMan

They're also the ones who put "we are the 1%" in the windows, so I think being a dick is no longer a worry on their part.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

fhdz

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 04, 2011, 02:48:27 PM
They're also the ones who put "we are the 1%" in the windows, so I think being a dick is no longer a worry on their part.

Attitude among Chicagoans has no percentage boundary!

Josephus

Quote from: Neil on November 04, 2011, 01:49:38 PM
Facebook?

No hipster douchery allowed on Languish.

Sorry...I know. But it's the only place I found it.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DGuller

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 04, 2011, 02:48:27 PM
If I were someone who got rich through rent-seeking activities that made the society as a whole poorer, I would not be employing the Marie Antoinette strategy in dealing with the protesters.  I would instead opt to lie low, rather than test the resolve of the Tea Party useful idiots that have so far protected you politically.

Jacob

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: Josephus on November 04, 2011, 01:33:16 PM
Here's a British millionionaire, now living in the USA, telling us what he thinks. It sounds really cool cause he's got a british accent.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150358729275737

Matt Peterson shut up and sing

:)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

Quote from: DGuller on November 04, 2011, 03:04:11 PM
If I were someone who got rich through rent-seeking activities that made the society as a whole poorer, I would not be employing the Marie Antoinette strategy in dealing with the protesters.  I would instead opt to lie low, rather than test the resolve of the Tea Party useful idiots that have so far protected you politically.

It's actually kind of an insult to McDonald's, too, when you think about it.