News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Goodbye, Pontiac

Started by Caliga, April 24, 2009, 02:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Zanza2 on April 25, 2009, 05:06:14 AM
As far as aerodynamics go, this is has better aerodynamics than e.g. the Prius or Iorm's C6 and it doesn't look like shit.  :P
Yeah, but it's a German car.  They're not very good.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Iormlund

As far as aerodynamics go, this is has better aerodynamics than e.g. the Prius or Iorm's C6 and it doesn't look like shit.  :P

Meh. The C6 has soul while Mercedes are uniformly bland. They are overpriced cars for boring old men (and Mono's wife). I'd never buy one.

Zanza

Quote from: Iormlund on April 25, 2009, 07:22:13 AMMeh. The C6 has soul while Mercedes are uniformly bland. They are overpriced cars for boring old men (and Mono's wife). I'd never buy one.
Wait until you are a boring old man.  :P

I'd like to have this new Mercedes that'll come out in 2010:  ;)

Iormlund

Quote from: Zanza2 on April 25, 2009, 07:29:42 AM
Wait until you are a boring old man. :p
Nevar!! :o

That one doesn't look that bad, sort of like a Lotus infected with Merc's radiator grill.

Caliga

Quote from: Neil on April 25, 2009, 07:18:50 AM
Yeah, but it's a German car.  They're not very good.

They WERE good... then they started manufacturing them in South Carolina and Alabama. :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Zanza

Quote from: Caliga on April 25, 2009, 08:10:21 AMThey WERE good... then they started manufacturing them in South Carolina and Alabama. :bleeding:
Most models are still made in Germany. Mercedes manufactures their SUVs and some kind of van in Tuscaloosa, BMW builds SUVs and a roadster in Spartanburg. For those car models the US is the biggest market.

However, Mercedes had some quality issues in the late 90s, early 2000s. But nowadays they have supposedly bounced back in quality.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Barrister on April 24, 2009, 06:48:10 PM
Cadillac
Buick
Saturn
Saab (trying desparately to sell)
GMC

I would've thought Saturn and Buick would go before Pontiac.

Saturn's on the chopping block, they're stopping Saturn production on Dec 31st, IIRC.
Experience bij!

Caliga

Quote from: Zanza2 on April 25, 2009, 08:48:04 AMHowever, Mercedes had some quality issues in the late 90s, early 2000s. But nowadays they have supposedly bounced back in quality.

Yeah, one of my co-workers has a Mercedes E-class wagon and the thing has nonstop mechanical problems.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points