Is it stalkerish to reconnect with someone via their public/job e-mail address?

Started by Martinus, September 23, 2011, 04:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I was looking for an old friend of mine on Facebook, but he is not there apparently (he is an old friend from school - we were good friends until we both went to college, then we went opposite ways). However, I found him on google, in a profile of his company, listing his job position and job e-mail address.

Would it be stalkerish/weird if I sent him an e-mail to that address, saying hi and whether he would like to go out for a coffee?

I feel like it would be, but maybe I'm over-sensitive.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

szmik

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on September 23, 2011, 04:15:26 PM
Would it be stalkerish/weird if I sent him an e-mail to that address, saying hi and whether he would like to go out for a coffee?

If you sent emails with the same frequency you have started threads lately then yes certainly.

Viking

if he defriended you then you can send a FACEBOOK message asking to renew the contact. If there has been no defriending or other breach of contact sending an email is suitable. However, if he declines to reply you have to leave well enough alone.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

sbr

Quote from: Viking on September 23, 2011, 06:44:17 PM
if he defriended you then you can send a FACEBOOK message asking to renew the contact. If there has been no defriending or other breach of contact sending an email is suitable. However, if he declines to reply you have to leave well enough alone.

Quote from: Martinus on September 23, 2011, 04:15:26 PM
I was looking for an old friend of mine on Facebook, but he is not there apparently

:huh:

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habsburg

People need to work at work, not get personal e-mails from stalkers.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Richard Hakluyt

Not stalkerish at all, but, as viking says, just keep it to the single email.

Admiral Yi

Marty: the dude put his address on his fucking Facebook page.   He's not hiding it under a rock.  Drop him a line.

Martinus

He does not have a facebook page - I thought I said so. The address is on his company's page, right next to his picture and name (so I know it's him).