And we're back!

Main Menu

Pot, booze, and parents

Started by viper37, September 15, 2011, 12:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: viper37 on September 16, 2011, 10:21:40 AM
Quote from: merithyn on September 15, 2011, 03:51:40 PM

The younger two, on the other hand, I KNOW have not done either. Jeremy is terrified it will screw up his diabetes, and Riley is afraid she'll end up like her elder brothers. At the same time, I would never blame another child if my kids did stupid stuff. If they're stupid enough to be "pressured" into doing it with others, then they deserve to be treated like an idiot and kept home.
you're not such a bad mom :)

:lol:
I never thought I was, but thanks nonetheless.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on September 15, 2011, 02:40:03 PM
I suspect my parents overestimated my consumption of pot or alcohol.  They probably thought I'd at least experiment with it.

My mom, I think, has a fairly accurate idea of how much alcohol I used to drink, but probably overestimates my current consumption.  She, I believe, thinks that I'll have a beer or 2 every month or so, but in fact the only alcohol I've had all year is a bottle of wine that a co-worker gave me for Christmas that aa and I split on New Year's Day.  Actually, we only had a glass each and threw the rest out--it was some cheap, nasty crap.

OTOH, I think she figures that I used to smoke pot now and then, but in fact I never have.