And we're back!

Main Menu

EA forces Slitherine to rename "Battlefield Academy"

Started by Syt, September 08, 2011, 12:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://slitherine.com/news/item396

[06 Sep 2011] It's BA day !!

Award winning strategy title and flagship product of Slitherine Ltd's. internal development team, BBC Battlefield Academy is renamed.

Originally launched in August 2010, the game was immediately proclaimed by both critics and players as one of the most innovative and enjoyable strategy games of the year for novices and grognards alike. The product was originally scheduled to have a number of add-ons and platform adaptations, but these have been held back after allegations of copyright infringement was initiated by Electronic Arts.

Settlement has now been reached and the game is back with a change of name BBC BATTLE ACADEMY, together with a wealth of new content to rekindle the flame and continue the success that has been badly curtailed.  Slitherine may have lost the field, but have certainly won the battle!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HisMajestyBOB

They're also suing the US Army for the use of the word "battlefield" in several field manuals and other publications.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Lucidor

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 08, 2011, 01:19:33 PM
They're also suing the US Army for the use of the word "battlefield" in several field manuals and other publications.
:lol:

Oh wait... :unsure:

dps

So is Slitherine next going to be sued by the British Broadcasting Corporation?

Syt

Quote from: dps on September 08, 2011, 09:13:32 PM
So is Slitherine next going to be sued by the British Broadcasting Corporation?

WHat would their cooperation partner sue them? :huh:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.