Main Menu

Japanese support for US military bases grows

Started by jimmy olsen, September 05, 2011, 11:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 06, 2011, 03:42:47 AM
We should have left the ROK to repel the invasion by themselves. :yes:

:rolleyes:

Sorry if I wasn't clear Timmy.  I meant we should withdraw our troops now, not in 1950.

dps

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 06, 2011, 01:27:18 AM
I am all for maintaining the possibility for young American servicemen to experience Japan.

I just wish I were one of them.  :mad:

So in your experience, getting old and no longer being young sucks?  :)

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 06, 2011, 12:17:09 AM
He's a North Korean sleeper agent.

What a joke.  North Korea is a tiny impoverished non-entity.

This just in: The Soviet Union collapsed.  No need for us to be over there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 06, 2011, 04:45:02 AM
And quite frankly, I think the world could use a dose of Japanese militarism.  Because this time they'd be on our side.

Yep.  Bring back Bushido.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on September 06, 2011, 08:39:51 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 06, 2011, 12:17:09 AM
He's a North Korean sleeper agent.

What a joke.  North Korea is a tiny impoverished non-entity.

This just in: The Soviet Union collapsed.  No need for us to be over there.
The Chinese however are still there, and the hundreds of thousands of soldiers they committed to the war were a bit more important than Soviet pilots.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 06, 2011, 09:11:28 AM
The Chinese however are still there, and the hundreds of thousands of soldiers they committed to the war were a bit more important than Soviet pilots.

The Chinese...are going to help the North Koreans conquer South Korea...and Japan.

Yeah...sure.  Whatever.

Valmy

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on September 06, 2011, 09:18:58 AM

The Chinese...are going to help the North Koreans conquer South Korea...and Japan.

Yeah...sure.  Whatever.
They wouldn't start a war, but they could certainly get sucked into it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 06, 2011, 09:21:49 AM
They wouldn't start a war, but they could certainly get sucked into it.

If North Korea invaded South Korea all their neighbors would get sucked into it.  But they would be getting involved to force the inmates back into the asylum not offering to spearhead the assault.

Habbaku

No, I'm convinced now.  If we leave, space aliens will attack Japan.  Do you want the space aliens to take over, Valmy?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Camerus

If space aliens attacked, it would be Excellent News.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

The South worries that if Kim starts anything, or if the North just implodes, that the Chinese will move south and make the North an "Autonomous" region of the PRC. Thus necessitating continued militarization of the peninsula and an American presence in perpetuity.   

1 Karma Chameleon point

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on September 06, 2011, 09:18:58 AM

Yeah...sure.  Whatever.
and even if they did your 50,000 troops aren't going to stop them.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 06, 2011, 10:57:37 AM
The South worries that if Kim starts anything, or if the North just implodes, that the Chinese will move south and make the North an "Autonomous" region of the PRC.

While not ideal that is a vast improvement on the current situation.