News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Murder That Took Thirty Years

Started by jimmy olsen, August 31, 2011, 04:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Isn't there a "year and a day" rule in common law for cases like this?

grumbler

Quote from: Ideologue on August 31, 2011, 06:27:33 AM
Quote from: TimCouldn't fit a good title in the space allowed.

"The Murder That Took Thirty Years."   
:bleeding:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on August 31, 2011, 06:35:13 AM
Yeah, I'm sure there are a lot of rednecks in Orange County.  :lol:
This is Marti you are talking about.  He knows more about Orange County than you do.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Zanza

The TV series suggests that it is full of beautiful, rich people that spend their time on love and intrigues. :hmm:

Ed Anger

Mart really astounds me sometimes with his American "insights". Not in a good way however.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on August 31, 2011, 06:28:19 AM
Exactly my point, you tard. Using the naming convention of monarchs for rednecks is idiotic. Are you so dumb not to understand that, you fucking cretin?

Yeah that is not what they are doing:

Robert Jones Sr.
Robert Jones Jr.
Robert Jones III

Not:

Robert I
Robert II
Robert III
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on August 31, 2011, 07:47:52 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 31, 2011, 06:28:19 AM
Exactly my point, you tard. Using the naming convention of monarchs for rednecks is idiotic. Are you so dumb not to understand that, you fucking cretin?

Robert Jones Sr.
Robert Jones Jr.
Robert Jones III

Not:

Robert I
Robert II
Robert III
Your post presupposes that Marti cares about why his posts are moronic.  I submit that there is no evidence that such is the case.

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on August 31, 2011, 06:13:23 AM
QuoteRelatives said Essoe never complained about his paralysis

LOLZ seriously? He never complained about being paralyzed?

It seems policemen in the Orange County are as stupid as they are clumsy.  :lol:

+

As I said, stupid. Also I love rednecks and other human thrash who come up with this "III" business.

See LaCroix, this is why Marty deserves to be insulted at every opportunity.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

ulmont

Quote from: Zanza on August 31, 2011, 06:50:55 AM
Isn't there a "year and a day" rule in common law for cases like this?

The common law year and a day rule has been superseded practically everywhere.  With modern science, you can prove an act caused a death somewhat later now.

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on August 31, 2011, 07:00:34 AM
Quote from: Caliga on August 31, 2011, 06:35:13 AM
Yeah, I'm sure there are a lot of rednecks in Orange County.  :lol:
This is Marti you are talking about.  He knows more about Orange County than you do.
He probably thinks that's where they pick California oranges.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Valmy on August 31, 2011, 07:47:52 AM

Robert Jones Sr.
Robert Jones Jr.
Robert Jones III

Not:

Robert I
Robert II
Robert III

Keep in mind that as Pole, Martinus may not understand basic facts about monarchy.  The Poles used to have elected monarchs, as if the entire country were the setting for a badly conceived Star Wars episode.  Before that were the Jagiellons, whose cultural and mental achievements comparatively speaking make your average Cletus A. Redneck look like a modern day Leonardo.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DGuller

Poor Poland.  The day Martinus found Internet ranks right up there with October 24, 1795, or September 1, 1939.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

szmik

Quote from: DGuller on August 31, 2011, 10:36:10 AM
Poor Poland.  The day Martinus found Internet ranks right up there with October 24, 1795, or September 1, 1939.

Definitely the latter.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.