News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hurricane Irene

Started by jimmy olsen, August 24, 2011, 09:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

:lol:
i have a big box of AA batteries and a bunch of flashlights. Even brought in the one i usually have in the car. Should've sold them at 500% markup 

Won't help me with the lack of AC when we lose power though :(
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 27, 2011, 01:43:37 AM
Really, people? Really?

The salesman Williams had one last possibility for Minutella. A head lamp like the ones workers wear in coal mines.

Minutella examined it a while, threw his hands up in the air and bought it, along with three packs of AAA batteries.

"Is this what I've been reduced to?" he asked in defeat. "A headlight and AAA batteries."

:blink:

That seems like quite a good option as opposed to a bulky flashlight.

Q to Americans - has LED technology now largely replaced incandescent bulbs in flashlights ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on August 27, 2011, 07:48:29 AM
Q to Americans - has LED technology now largely replaced incandescent bulbs in flashlights ?

From what I've seen in the marketplace, yeah.  Still lots of incandescent flashlights being produced, though.

I wonder if Michele Bachmann will introduce the relevant legislation?

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 27, 2011, 07:50:07 AM

From what I've seen in the marketplace, yeah.  Still lots of incandescent flashlights being produced, though.

Yeah of all the technological advances that are so clearly superior to what it's replace, I wouldn't put it past her.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Darth Wagtaros

I bought batteries because my radio went dead. :( I was afraid everyone would laugh at me for panic buying. :( :( :(
PDH!

Grey Fox

I had to buy batteries. D batteries. Baby toys use a retarded amount of power. I hope no one thought I was panic buying.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 27, 2011, 11:18:22 AM
I bought batteries because my radio went dead. :( I was afraid everyone would laugh at me for panic buying. :( :( :(

Yet you post this here, so we can laugh at you for caring if strangers thought you were panic buying.  :lol: :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

So will this provide TV entertainment?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on August 27, 2011, 11:46:58 AM
So will this provide TV entertainment?

You might see lots of dead homos on Fire island.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Razgovory

Quote from: mongers on August 27, 2011, 07:52:10 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 27, 2011, 07:50:07 AM

Yeah of all the technological advances that are so clearly superior to what it's replace, I wouldn't put it past her.

I remember when she was rambling on about the Government forcing people to eat their vegetables like some kind of petulant child.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017