News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Chrome got better.

Started by BuddhaRhubarb, August 23, 2011, 11:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Loyalty to technology seems silly.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Norgy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 24, 2014, 04:16:48 PM
I occasionally have issues with videos loading.

This is a persistent issue for me. Has to do with Flash Player, it seems.

Grey Fox

I have the video issue now :(

Altho, when it happens its because of unsafe scripts, there's a shield in the omnibar you can click & load it anyway.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2014, 10:23:59 PM
Loyalty to technology seems silly.
yes, it is, in most case.  Hence the smiley.  I just always prefered Firefox over Chrome, even when Chrome was the shiniest thing out there and FF the fat lady no one wants to dance with.  It just seems more customizable than Chromium based browsers.  However, I find Chromium based software to handle Youtube better and have better extensions for the site, hence I use Comodo Dragon for this, and a few other things.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

Chrome pisses me off sometimes. I wanted to install an adblocker on one of my two computers at home. (Don't wonder why, I just do). And lo and behold I see that it's also installed on my other computer. It does that a lot with everything. I guess it's using my google account to tie the computers together, right?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Yeah one of my work programs followed me home that way (web of trust). I'm guessing such things can be managed in sync settings?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Well, and that's the other thing. Anybody can get on my work computer and see what I'm surfing at home. [makes note to remove chrome from his work station]
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DGuller

Quote from: Josephus on May 19, 2014, 07:44:17 PM
Well, and that's the other thing. Anybody can get on my work computer and see what I'm surfing at home. [makes note to remove chrome from his work station]
:huh: Log out of your Google account at work.  Problem solved.

garbon

Yeah you can be logged out on Chrome but still be logged in for things like Gmail.

Alternatively, don't have history as one of your synced items.

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on May 19, 2014, 07:44:17 PM

I don't know about Chrome, but in Comodo Dragon (wich is supposed to be nearly the same), you go to: "Settings", "Advanced sync settings..." (just under "sign in"), pick "Choose what to sync" and select whatever you want.  If you don't want anything to follow you, just don't sign in into your Google account.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Doesn't anybody know of any trick/extension to stop those annoying video ads that start playing automatically upon loading a page?

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on August 24, 2014, 11:41:44 AM
Doesn't anybody know of any trick/extension to stop those annoying video ads that start playing automatically upon loading a page?

Doesn't AdBlock handle those? I haven't seen any at least.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Liep on August 24, 2014, 06:32:37 PM
Doesn't AdBlock handle those? I haven't seen any at least.

Yup.  AdBlock handles most and has a context menu option to catch the ones it misses as well.
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney