News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Battleships

Started by Syt, August 16, 2011, 09:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

When they mention the "World of" trilogy, what is the other game besides Tanks and Battleships?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Ah.

So they're developing two MMOs at the same time, while continuing to develop WoT? :hmm:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Slargos

QuoteBased purely on aircraft setting, World of Warplanes will allow players  to build full-scale careers of virtual pilots offering machines of  several key eras, staring from 1930's with biplanes and up to Korean War  jet fighters that led the way to modern air forces.

:bleeding:

yeah. That's going to be a lot of fun given how well the matchmaker works.  :rolleyes:

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on August 16, 2011, 02:32:07 PM
QuoteBased purely on aircraft setting, World of Warplanes will allow players  to build full-scale careers of virtual pilots offering machines of  several key eras, staring from 1930's with biplanes and up to Korean War  jet fighters that led the way to modern air forces.

yeah. That's going to be a lot of fun given how well the matchmaker works.  :rolleyes:

How so?

Is the difference between inter-war warplanes and 50s era warplanes that much more extreme than the difference between inter war tanks and 1950s era tanks?

0 rows returned

DGuller

Biplane versus jet fighter might be an interesting match-up.  Jet fighters probably stall out at the top speed of the biplanes.

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on August 16, 2011, 02:35:52 PM

How so?

Is the difference between inter-war warplanes and 50s era warplanes that much more extreme than the difference between inter war tanks and 1950s era tanks?

Maybe not.  :sleep:

Biggest difference would probably be that while even a Tier 2-3 can actually be useful in a scouting role they will be too slow for a similar job in a dogfight.

LaCroix

i wanna see a wallet warrior biplane gun down fighter jets :)

LaCroix

Quote from: Slargos on August 16, 2011, 01:04:36 PMIndisputable evidence confirms that Soviet ships were built out of superior steel, crewed by the best sailors the world has ever seen, and equipped with electronics that western fleets would only see several decades after the war. Also, it's an arcade game rather than a simulator so it doesn't need to be accurate.

i figured you at least would understand. is there anything the russians can't do?  :D

Slargos

Quote from: LaCroix on August 16, 2011, 03:02:58 PM
Quote from: Slargos on August 16, 2011, 01:04:36 PMIndisputable evidence confirms that Soviet ships were built out of superior steel, crewed by the best sailors the world has ever seen, and equipped with electronics that western fleets would only see several decades after the war. Also, it's an arcade game rather than a simulator so it doesn't need to be accurate.

i figured you at least would understand. is there anything the russians can't do?  :D

I may be more observant than I'm sometimes painted.  :P

And the answer to your question is: Stop being Totally and Undeniably Bear-wrestlingly Awesome!!!111.  :D

DGuller

I found it amusing to read a blog entry from the developers on the anniversary of the Kursk battle.  It made it sound like a complete rout, with Germans suffering much more casualties than Soviets, rather than an important but very costly victory by the Soviets that it was.  I guess Russian textbooks still haven't updated the wartime propaganda. 

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on August 16, 2011, 02:42:39 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 16, 2011, 02:35:52 PM

How so?

Maybe not.  :sleep:

Biggest difference would probably be that while even a Tier 2-3 can actually be useful in a scouting role they will be too slow for a similar job in a dogfight.

Well, with both of the new games they need to make sure that while they borrow the format from WoT, they don't try to hold to the same kind of roles. World of Warplanes needs to be its won game, not WoT with airplane skins in the air.

0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on August 16, 2011, 03:21:30 PM

Well, with both of the new games they need to make sure that while they borrow the format from WoT, they don't try to hold to the same kind of roles. World of Warplanes needs to be its won game, not WoT with airplane skins in the air.

Sure, and with the limited amount of information we actually have, speculation is pointless right now.

I just hope the MM will be a lot more restrictive.

Frankly, I wish it would be in WoT aswell. Maybe a maximum tier difference of +-1 with separate rules for SPGs and scouts.

frunk

I think they make it broad to minimize the wait time for everybody.  The more you restrict the tiers the more likely you'll be stuck waiting for people of your tier to show up, particularly during off hours.