News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP debate

Started by MadImmortalMan, August 11, 2011, 08:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 11, 2011, 10:02:40 PM
Ron Paul got the most applause. That has a psychological effect on certain types of people.

My wife just agreed with about everything he said. 

Oh, and she really hates Brett Baer now for some reason :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on August 11, 2011, 10:15:16 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 11, 2011, 10:02:40 PM
Ron Paul got the most applause. That has a psychological effect on certain types of people.

Oh, and she really hates Brett Baer now for some reason :lol:

An Argentine?  Well that's a ringing endorsement.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on August 11, 2011, 10:15:16 PM

Did he say all the other candidates were full of shit by any chance?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: DGuller on August 11, 2011, 09:12:56 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 11, 2011, 09:02:17 PM
You're just as bad.
No, I'm not.  Just because I'm annoyed by idiots to the point of using very sharp language does not mean that I'm an equivalent idiot.  It just means that I've just had it.
Yes, you are.  You're a different kind of idiot, but an idiot nevertheless.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

What kind of idiot am I?  Also I would like to be classified as a different idiot then Marty.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on August 11, 2011, 09:14:55 PM
We don't need to raise taxes to balance the budget.
Wrong.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HisMajestyBOB

Corporations are peeeeeople! People!
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on August 11, 2011, 10:25:16 PM
Wrong.

Politically we may end up having to, but it's certainly possible without tax increases.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on August 11, 2011, 10:20:40 PM
An Argentine?  Well that's a ringing endorsement.

Never said it was.  Just surprised me that out of all of them she picked him.

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on August 11, 2011, 10:42:43 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 11, 2011, 10:25:16 PM
Wrong.
Politically we may end up having to, but it's certainly possible without tax increases.
The problem is that there is far, far more support for not cutting spending than there is for not raising taxes.  Even the people who want to maintain lower taxes also don't want to cut spending.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on August 11, 2011, 10:24:00 PM
What kind of idiot am I?  Also I would like to be classified as a different idiot then Marty.

You're both the kind of idiot that likes to spout off on the internet.  :homestar:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on August 11, 2011, 10:52:04 PM
Even the people who want to maintain lower taxes also don't want to cut spending.

Ever heard of the Tea Party?

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on August 11, 2011, 11:06:44 PM
Even the people who want to maintain lower taxes also don't want to cut spending.

Yeah, I found a poll that broke down what the Tea Party rank and file want to cut.  Jack Shit.  Not Social Security, not Medicare, not Defense.  Just tiny little bullshit things.  Posted it here a few times.

Faeelin

Poor Huntsman, forced to awkwardly explain why he didn't really mean we need to figure out what to do with millions of illegals in America.

Also, we are so gonna get a downgrade from S&P if a Republican wins.

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on August 11, 2011, 11:06:44 PM
They don't want to cut spending.  They want to cloak a social conservative agenda behind fiscal conservatism with cuts to things like the NEA and associated science programs, and to rail against 'waste', 'corruption' and 'mismanagement'.  If you actually tried to cut their social security, medicare or whatever, they'd go wild.