And we're back!

Main Menu

2012=1860?

Started by Tamas, August 10, 2011, 03:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on August 10, 2011, 08:48:35 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 10, 2011, 08:47:58 PM
Why are you bothering arguing with Slargos?

Why do I bother arguing with anyone?  You can count the number of people who've changed their minds on the Internet on one hand.  But it's fun.

Eh, he's been on full troll mode for the last few weeks.  He's not making arguments, he's just messing with you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

Quote from: Razgovory on August 10, 2011, 09:13:45 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 10, 2011, 08:48:35 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 10, 2011, 08:47:58 PM
Why are you bothering arguing with Slargos?

Why do I bother arguing with anyone?  You can count the number of people who've changed their minds on the Internet on one hand.  But it's fun.

Eh, he's been on full troll mode for the last few weeks.  He's not making arguments, he's just messing with you.

Are you in agreement with Ide?

Razgovory

Didn't even bother to read what he's on about.  All I noticed is he's trying to argue with you, which is like trying to beat a punching bag at boxing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ideologue

Quote from: Slargos on August 10, 2011, 09:09:20 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 10, 2011, 08:59:41 PM

Population targeting has been a mainstay of U.S. and U.K. strategic warfare plans for generations, and I've always defended them.

And what is the justification for targeting the civilian population? You didn't fully answer my question, by the way. I asked whether reprisals, or if you will, attacks intended to specifically incite terror in the population or exact revenge for previous misdeeds, whether the population were explicitly involved or not, was legitimate.

The justification for targeting civilian population breaks down as follows:
1)the civilian population bolsters the government;
2)the civilian population has failed to actively resist the government;
3)the civilian population is valued by the government.

Revenge, of course, isn't a very worthy motivation, but inciting terror in an enemy (assuming your just cause) is.

Quote from: NeilSee, and it's stuff like this that makes you difficult to take seriously.

I just don't hold much with the idea that "it was the past, it was shitty so it was okay."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Slargos

Quote from: Razgovory on August 10, 2011, 09:16:19 PM
Didn't even bother to read what he's on about.  All I noticed is he's trying to argue with you, which is like trying to beat a punching bag at boxing.

Gotten beat up by a punching bag, huh? :console:

Razgovory

Quote from: Slargos on August 10, 2011, 09:18:23 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 10, 2011, 09:16:19 PM

Gotten beat up by a punching bag, huh? :console:

Have a better chance getting hurt by a punching bag then a Swedish expat cabinet Nazi.

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on August 10, 2011, 09:16:59 PM
I just don't hold much with the idea that "it was the past, it was shitty so it was okay."
And you're wrong to feel that way.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Ideologue

He didn't even fuck her.  I don't know why he got to be in the club.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Razgovory on August 10, 2011, 10:01:09 PM
Who is Lucas Lee?

Second evil ex from Scott Pilgrim.  I guess the vegan superpowers jokes were wearing thin.

I still say the funniest bit was Tom Jane, as the vegan police, giving the supergay high-five.
Experience bij!