News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Joos live up to yet another stereotype

Started by Viking, August 03, 2011, 02:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/israel-ranks-1st-in-the-world-in-terms-of-number-of-lawyers-1.376646

So, when Henry V wanted to kill all the lawyers first, was Shakespear being an anti-semite? Does this explain Malthus? If so, how does it explain BB and Joan and Siege?

QuoteIsrael ranks 1st in the world in terms of number of lawyers
Last year, according to a report, Israel had an average of eight judges per 100,000 inhabitants.
By Tomer Zarchin

Israel ranks first in the number of lawyers and 43rd in the number of judges, relative to the country's population. It is also in 21st place in the number of civil cases filed, an internal report by Israel's Courts Administration stated.

The report compared Israeli data from last year to comparable information from 55 other Western and Middle Eastern countries.

The information provides a statistical portrait of the handling of civil cases at the trial court level, but does not include domestic relations or labor matters. Last year, according to the report, Israel had an average of eight judges per 100,000 inhabitants. At the top of the country list by this measure was the tiny principality of Monaco, with 64 judges per 100,000 people. The Czech Republic had 29 judges per 100,000; Russia had 24; Ireland had seven; and the Palestinian Authority an average of slightly fewer than five judges per 100,000 people.

The 2010 statistics reflect a relative shortage of judges in Israel, taking into consideration the country's population, the number of lawyers and the volume of civil files in the judicial system. On the other hand, Israel tops the list in the number of attorneys, with 585 per 100,000 residents. At the other end of the list, Scotland had five lawyers per 100,000 people.

This year, 14 new judge positions were added to the Israeli court system, with another 20 on the way this year and next. Priority is being given to additional domestic relations and traffic court judges. Since Supreme Court President Dorit Beinisch ordered court hearings to be postponed only under extenuating circumstances, the number of postponed sessions has been cut in half.

In contrast to the other statistics, the volume of court litigation in Israel is not among the highest, despite the relatively high number of lawyers. When it comes to lawsuits, the jurisdiction listed in the report as the most litigious is New York state, with more than 9,000 civil cases and small claims files per 100,000 people. Israel ranks 21st among 34 reported jurisdictions, with 2,000 cases per 100,000 inhabitants.

About 12,000 court cases and other requests per day are filed on average in Israel, and 18,000 court decisions are rendered on an average day. There are an average of 8,500 court hearings a day in Israel.

In second place in the rankings for litigiousness after New York is Russia, with 7,000 cases per 100,000 residents. The length of time it takes to litigate cases in Israel is not particularly stellar compared to the other places surveyed, however. Among the 36 jurisdictions for which figures were reported, Israel is ranked 27th, with an average of 346 days to handle civil lawsuits.

By comparison, it takes an average of 889 days to litigate a case from start to finish in Malta, which was ranked last on the list by this measure. Russia, on the other hand, was first, at an average of 14 days.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Viking on August 03, 2011, 02:38:09 AM
So, when Henry V wanted to kill all the lawyers first, was Shakespear being an anti-semite? Does this explain Malthus? If so, how does it explain BB and Joan and Siege?

BB- "public servant". Joan- Jew. Siege- hispanic.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Siege

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 03, 2011, 02:49:31 AM
Quote from: Viking on August 03, 2011, 02:38:09 AM

BB- "public servant". Joan- Jew. Siege- hispanic.

Are you saying Joan is a jew and I am not?
Are ashkenazis the only jews to you?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Neil

I keep reading this as 'Jos lives up to yet another stereotype', which seems weird to me because I thought he had them all covered already.

And yes, Siege.  Ashkenazis are the only proper Jews.  You're a mix of hispanic and Arab.  But mostly Arab.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

Quote from: Neil on August 03, 2011, 03:07:37 PM
I keep reading this as 'Jos lives up to yet another stereotype', which seems weird to me because I thought he had them all covered already.

And yes, Siege.  Ashkenazis are the only proper Jews.  You're a mix of hispanic and Arab.  But mostly Arab.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Quote from: Siege on August 03, 2011, 03:25:04 PM

Why are you holding urine specimen?  Were you in a doctor's office when you took that pic?

Admiral Yi

Seebrew switched from Coors Lite to MGD.  :)

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Richard Hakluyt

Genuine draught beer, in a can, amazing  :cool:

Admiral Yi

The Brain

Sometimes I go "nah, this is too retarded even for me".
Women want me. Men want to be with me.