News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV problem

Started by Slargos, July 15, 2011, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

So I got a new TV for cheapo when OnOff went bust. Felt like a real buzzard as I was prowling the store for deals. $800 for a 52 inch LED.

Anyway, the image is great, the only problem is that it's a little bit too great. Now every movie looks like it's filmed with a $100 home video camera.

Is this a problem that can be solved, or will I just have to get used to it?

derspiess

I don't understand that being too great = looking like it's filmed with a $100 camera.

If you're complaining about the "soap opera effect" then I'm guessing you have a 240hz TV that is using some sort of motion interpolation.  On my dad's new Samsung TV, this is called Auto Motion Plus.  There should be a way to turn it down or off.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Slargos

Quote from: derspiess on July 15, 2011, 02:53:12 PM
I don't understand that being too great = looking like it's filmed with a $100 camera.

If you're complaining about the "soap opera effect" then I'm guessing you have a 240hz TV that is using some sort of motion interpolation.  On my dad's new Samsung TV, this is called Auto Motion Plus.  There should be a way to turn it down or off.

That's it. I'll have a look see. Thanks.

Capetan Mihali

TV/TS problem?  Hate to say it, but sex tourism has some inherent risks.   :(
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Eddie Teach

Did Slargos get a massage from a tranny masseuse?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 15, 2011, 03:14:59 PM

In your dreams ?   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on July 15, 2011, 03:11:21 PM
TV/TS problem?  Hate to say it, but sex tourism has some inherent risks.   :(

Heh, I was thinking this thread would be about Slargossian adventures in Thailand.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

dps

Quote from: mongers on July 15, 2011, 04:51:00 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 15, 2011, 03:14:59 PM

In your dreams ?   :P

In Wiggin's dreams?  Who knows?  Are you projecting?

Eddie Teach

I think Mongers is trying to hex me so tonight I dream about that.   <_<
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

I find it more telling about mihali and Malthus that they came into thread with such assumptions.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son