No Small Fries: Restaurant Bans Kids Under Six Years Old

Started by garbon, July 12, 2011, 02:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on July 14, 2011, 01:56:07 PM
They can drive. Noone "has" to fly to a vacation spot. You are the one with a problem - you should accomodate others, not expect others to adjust. Some people suffer from diseases that result in a horrible body odor - it may not be their fault, but they are the ones expected to come up with an extra effort not to cause annoyance to others, not just shrug and have others suffer. It's basic courtesy.

Oh so having a kid means you need to go places inefficiently.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on July 14, 2011, 07:56:16 AM
Quote from: LaCroix on July 14, 2011, 01:04:36 AM
i went to a planetarium in san francisco last year. for about 70% of the time, some little fuck in the row behind me kept talking. his father said and did nothing to stop him. it irritated me to no end, and pretty much ruined the experience. the father could have simply told his son to shush and be quiet as the display ran its course, but no. he did nothing

given that mcdain's is a fine dining restaurant, i've no issue that the owner wants to ban little fuckers from entering. everything he said in the article seemed perfectly reasonable

Know what? A Black person was once rude to me. So was a gay person, a few years ago. I think that was in New York.

Clearly, we can't have Blacks and gays out in public. My experience proves that.

;)

<_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

I can imagine that a flight to the Canaries would be unpleasant, it is that sort of destination.

Slargos

Quote from: Malthus on July 14, 2011, 03:53:43 PM
Quote from: Slargos on July 14, 2011, 03:49:08 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 14, 2011, 03:35:14 PM
Quote from: Slargos on July 14, 2011, 03:27:41 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 14, 2011, 03:20:45 PM

It's okay to generalize from specific examples about parents and kids, but not about Blacks and gays? Why?

Tell me. Do you flip a coin when you enter a thread on the subject of whether you will defend or attack dissonance?  :lol:

I'd respond if I understood the question.  :huh:

In this thread, you decry dissonance. [See, discrimination of families as opposed to noggers or fags]

In the yarmulke thread [see what I did there?] you dismiss resonance. [See, demanding "sincerity" of religious practice.]

[/s]

I still have no clue what you are saying.  :(

I'm sorry. I guess I wasn't clear enough.

I was saying you are dissonant when it suits you, but you reserve the right to complain about dissonance in others aswell. IE you're a fucking hypocrite.

I guess I could've said that at once.

Malthus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on July 14, 2011, 06:15:02 PM
Hmm, I honestly can't remember any specific time when kids have behaved in a way that consciously bothered me.  :mellow:  Maybe it's because I avoid air travel and don't go to nice restaurants very often, but children are mostly a harmless enigma to me.

Only thing that gets to me a bit are kids in bars, since all the smoking bans seem to be encouraging people to bring them along.  In a friendly pub-type setting it's fine, but when you are in an American-style drinkin' bar, sucking down your mid-day gin or crying into your beer, it's a little uncomfortable. :alberta:

Especially when they are getting more attention from the single chicks than you.  :(

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Slargos

Malthus

Quote from: Slargos on July 15, 2011, 07:47:00 AM
I'm sorry. I guess I wasn't clear enough.

I was saying you are dissonant when it suits you, but you reserve the right to complain about dissonance in others aswell. IE you're a fucking hypocrite.

I guess I could've said that at once.

Honestly, no snark, I think this is a language thing. I don't know what you mean by "a dissonant" or "dissonance in others".
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Gups

Quote from: Malthus on July 14, 2011, 01:52:52 PM
Quote from: Martinus on July 14, 2011, 01:49:12 PM

I was just on a 6 hour trip to Canaries. There were about 10 little kids on the plane. At least one of them was wailing at any given time. So go fuck yourself.

I should go fuck myself because of what some people I've never met did?  :hmm:

I wouldn't take a very young kid on a 6 hour flight. But a 5 year old like mine, who never "wails" these days, I'd have no problem with. Neither would you, because he wouldn't wail.

He would if he was stuck on a flight with Farti.

Iormlund